Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jenniferhackler

oh no.... fluid rings and bloating :(

Glad to hear he's eating. :D

Is that area on him concave? It looks like it in the pic . . . :idont

Right behind his gills? No I think it was just the lighting... I have him in a little holding tub right now while I'm doing a 100% change on his QT tank so I'll snap another picture real quick...

ajpm5l.jpg

His sides have always been uneven and a little prickly like that, when he was so bloated they were actually even. So to see him back to normal (for him) is a relief

Jennifer, will you please update us on what day today is for:

1) Epsom

2) Metro

3 Triple Sulfa

?

ajpm5l.jpg

His sides have always been uneven and a little prickly like that, when he was so bloated they were actually even. So to see him back to normal (for him) is a relief

Are we sure he is a "he"? That uneven top view makes me think "she" :idont

Today is day 6 for metro and Epsom, and day 3 for triple sulfa. I am fairly sure he is a he, but I'm no expert. Steve from raingarden sold him as a male but now that I think of it, I can't remember ever seeing breeding stars on him... Then again, I've never seen eggs from him either... Lol

Edited by Jenniferhackler

Today is day 6 for metro and Epsom, and day 3 for triple sulfa. I am fairly sure he is a he, but I'm no expert. Steve from raingarden sold him as a male but now that I think of it, I can't remember ever seeing breeding stars on him... Then again, I've never seen eggs from him either... Lol

How many full days did he eat Metro Meds before you switched to the Metro powder?

Okay, I just wondered because females often have asymmetrical bellies from above. If Steve says he's a male, then he probably is. Is the vent round or oval, convex or concave? Are the pectoral fins rounded or pointed?

How many full days did he eat Metro Meds before you switched to the Metro powder?

Okay, I just wondered because females often have asymmetrical bellies from above. If Steve says he's a male, then he probably is. Is the vent round or oval, convex or concave? Are the pectoral fins rounded or pointed?

His vent is... Oval, I think? (He's fast and I just put him back in his QT so I can't get a good look) and concave. His pectoral fins are round.

He was on the MMs two full days, and two half days (one the day we started and the other when he stopped eating). He's been on the powder for 2 full days, today is day three

His vent is... Oval, I think? (He's fast and I just put him back in his QT so I can't get a good look) and concave. His pectoral fins are round.

He was on the MMs two full days, and two half days (one the day we started and the other when he stopped eating). He's been on the powder for 2 full days, today is day three

Probably male, then :)

Okay, then let's go to 10 days of both of the powders. We will count the 4 days of Metro Meds as part of the 14-day Metro treatment.

Just an update... Stanley is doing great after 1 full week of treatment. He's not floaty, bloated, or Pineconing and his eyes are still back to normal. I will continue with the full length of treatment and cross my fingers that he continues to do well! Thanks for the help everybody!

And he's got his energy back... Swimming and eating voraciously. I put him in a holding tub yesterday to do a 100% change on his QT and he nearly jumped straight out! Good ole Stanley XD

I'm glad Stanley is doing well, Jennifer!

Yay, Stanley!!

So Stanley is still doing great and back to normal like he's been all week. Tomorrow will be day 14 of treatment... Epsom was in for 10 days. Something that's curious... Yesterday when I did his 100% WC, the water was super cloudy. I've been doing every other day 100% changes... Within a few hours it was back to being cloudy and this morning it's worse. Could this be the metro and sulfa in the water? I have an AC 70 running on the 20 gallon so I just thought this was odd.

awesome news.. can we get another top view photo like the one you took in post #52? i want to make sure that the scales on the peduncle are also flat :)

So Stanley is still doing great and back to normal like he's been all week. Tomorrow will be day 14 of treatment... Epsom was in for 10 days. Something that's curious... Yesterday when I did his 100% WC, the water was super cloudy. I've been doing every other day 100% changes... Within a few hours it was back to being cloudy and this morning it's worse. Could this be the metro and sulfa in the water? I have an AC 70 running on the 20 gallon so I just thought this was odd.

It's probably just a good bacterial bloom. Metro doesn't effect nitrifying bacteria and Triple Sulfa has minimal impact on them :)

10i6l8i.jpg here is a top view. His huge dorsal kept getting in the way but this is the best one. His scales toward his tail have always been prickly like that, since I got him in January so I'm not worried about that.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help. Stanley is back in the main tank today and I'm keeping a close eye on him for relapses!

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help. Stanley is back in the main tank today and I'm keeping a close eye on him for relapses!

You are very welcome :D