Kokos Goldfish Forum
fancyblackgold

My bunch of goldfish

So a few new pictures for you lot - and a surprise in the end :)

P1040268.JPG

P1040274.JPG

P1040286.JPG

P1040300.JPG

P1040302.JPG

P1040314.JPG

P1040361.JPG

P1040393.JPG

P1040417.JPG

P1040419.JPG

P1040419-MOTION.gif

P1040442.JPG

And now to the surprise: My new fish!!! It's lionhead ranchu. Also called a buffle back ranchu. Very scared little fish, but SO cute. Please enjoy:

P1040457.JPG

P1040462.JPG

P1040478.JPG

P1040485.JPG

P1040533.JPG

P1040537.JPG

I think you have amazing fish.  The new guy is very sweet.  Who lives in tank 2?  I really like the root/tree thing.

Very nice! Congrats on the new guy, I was so close to picking up a little lip head yesterday, but the tanks and fish were sketchy. I too am curiouser as to what you have I. Tank two and the tank next to the one with the lionhead in the las pick. Really nice photos and you're fish are amazing, especially that moor. :thumbs:

A bunch of new photos for you all:

P1030921.JPG

This one could be titled "Eliza Doolittle at the Races."  Gorgeous!

Such beautiful fish! I love your pandas!

Thank you all :)

The two planted tanks are not for goldfish (they are very small).

The first planted tank (with the hobbit cave) has a few neons and amano shrimps. The second tank has a tiny snail (came with the plants) but will have red/white shrimps at some point. Hopefully next week.

I think you have amazing fish.  The new guy is very sweet.  Who lives in tank 2?  I really like the root/tree thing.

So do I! Would love to have more :) But I think our apartment cant hold any more tanks. We have 6 now, hehe. My girlfriend is behind all the planted tanks with design and all that. She is very good at it. They are just for shrimps, the planted tanks, as they are a bit too small for any fish.

Very nice! Congrats on the new guy, I was so close to picking up a little lip head yesterday, but the tanks and fish were sketchy. I too am curiouser as to what you have I. Tank two and the tank next to the one with the lionhead in the las pick. Really nice photos and you're fish are amazing, especially that moor. :thumbs:

Thank you :) Luckily my LFS has great conditions, but their selection in goldfish are not the best. So I order fish through my LFS from their supplier. Ordered this little fellow and 2 black ranchus - but the those two were missing at least one eye each. And that is the second time the supplier have sent blind black ranchus. Shrimps live in those two tanks (and a few fish in the largest one). If you are talking about the Blackmoor - he is by far my favorite!

Such beautiful fish! I love your pandas!

Thank you :) Theo is adorable - and it turns out he is a girl. So the full name is: Theodora heh. Jack (the almost white panda) has lost the last of his black, and is now a white fish with semi black fins.

A bunch of new photos for you all:

P1030921.JPG

This one could be titled "Eliza Doolittle at the Races."  Gorgeous!

Aww thank you. Theodora loves the reference :)

Great pictures! The fish are beautiful!

So the new fish (small ranchu/lionchu) needs name! He is being put into the main tank (or one of the main tanks) next week and he really needs a name. I haven't had much luck coming up with a name so far, so wanted to hear if you lot can help me.

Criteria that I would love for the name to live up to:

1. Be short. 2 syllabus max

2. Be a nickname

3. Be English

4. Fit this cute, little lionhead ranchu (lionchu, buffle back) which is a bit scared still.

So far my own names are: Rush, Leo, Skip, Pip and... I had one more, can't remember it now. So please - help me name this cute fish!

Your fish are beautiful! :D:heart

I second Leo...for some reason, it just evokes the thought of a small lion.

I love Leo as a name!  Count me in as number three! :D

Very nice looking pandas you have there.

Just curious, what makes your new guy a "Lionhead Ranchu" and not just a "Lionhead" :idont

Just curious, what makes your new guy a "Lionhead Ranchu" and not just a "Lionhead" :idont

I ordered him as a "oranda red ranchu". He arrived in a back label "buffel back ranchu". Lionheads (in Denmark) are orandas with huge headgrowth. So I mixed it all together :)

I ordered him as a "oranda red ranchu". He arrived in a back label "buffel back ranchu". Lionheads (in Denmark) are orandas with huge headgrowth. So I mixed it all together :)

Gotcha :)

Blip? I actually like Leo

I second Leo...for some reason, it just evokes the thought of a small lion.

I love Leo as a name!  Count me in as number three! :D

Well I think he is going to be Lio. Nice and short.

Leo just makes me think of a certain actor that I'm not too fond off.

Meet Lio - the lionhead ranchu :)

Very nice looking pandas you have there.

Beautiful tanks and fish. :)

those fish/tanks are stunning

Your fish are beautiful! :D:heart

Thank you all. I do try and take great care of them. My girlfriend and I really love to have these fish: watch them grow, swim, enjoy life and taking care of them.

They enjoy the good life, let me tell you that - these fish of ours. Homemade gel food, life foods, the best store bought food we can get them (we have 8 different kinds of store bought food atm), weekly water changes and plenty of room to swim around.

But as they keep growing bigger, we know that the two 325 litre tanks will not hold them forever - so we are looking to upgrade when we move into a house.