Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ruby

I got new Fish! :)

Hi All!!

I finally got some new fishies!! :happydance

I couldn't find the fish I wanted at the LFS in my area so ended up ordering online. I went for non-show/breed quality fish so that meant I didn't get to pick the ones I wanted, I just got to decide on the breed and colour. I also mentioned in another post that I had ordered a regular red and white pearlscale but instead got a calico crowned pearlscale. I was dissapointed at first I'll admit, but she's a tiny ball of attitude and I'm keeping her! Since my husband is probably tired of me going on about them I thought I'd share :P .

To be honest I wasn't enthusiastic about ordering fish online, particularly ones I hadn't seen yet, but after watching some unboxing video's it allayed some of my fears. I ordered from Star FIsheries. I must say they arrived healthy but I was very unimpressed with the way they were boxed up. They were all in one big bag that was blown up with air and that's it - no packaging whatsoever and not much water. They were all rolling around in that one bag, with the bag rolling around in an overly big box with no packaging or cushioning all the way here. Ontop of that the courier was late, arriving late afternoon rather than in the morning. I know that they are not 'prize' goldfish but these are living creatures not a bloody bag of potatoes :madrant . Needless to say they have been extremely skittish, it's taken them a week to settle and stop fighting each other, even after doing the whole dark room with a towel over the QT tub. At one point I had to seperate them for two days and then reintroduce them when they were less stressed. Thankfully now they seem okay with each other and are coming up to beg for their food :rolleyes: . On the plus side they seem healthy and are very active cute little fishies! They are all between 2-3 inches, a little older than I prefer but since they will be going in the big tank with my other goldfish I didn't want them to be too small either.

I managed to get some pictures tonight while I was checking them over. I'm terrible at taking photographs and they just wouldn't stay still - so please excuse the quality.

12743452-0be1-4915-b885-c10256b37092_zps

340a5c80-9445-45b0-9520-e06a994c019f_zps

859b0263-5833-4d69-97ca-c44514e21ba9_zps

5af0ca56-3215-4088-93fd-b3d381385b86_zps

I added the extra one of Munch so you can see how fat he is :teehee

They're beautiful, congratulations :)

Squeeeeeeee! They're so cute :wub:

Rambo :rofl what a name for a pearlie :thumb: love it :)

Looking forward to updates of your new crew :nana

Wow i am shocked about how they were shipped to you! :o

But I'm glad they're all fine. And soooo cute! :nana the pearlie is just adorable, and her name too. :teehee Feeling pretty partial to Munch too.

Congrats! :D

How cute! I'm glad they are all OK seeing they were shipped the way they were. I like Scrunchie the best, but they are all wonderful! :Congrats::hi5

They're gorgeous! I often find myself browsing Star Fisheries. :)

Oh, very nice! Congratulations on your new little ones, and I hope that they settle in nicely. :)

Wow, the blue oranda and Calico ranchu are just fantastic, a great order of fish! Sorry to hear packaging was sub par but glad everyone came out on top

Oh, you got some cuties there! :D

Their packaging sounded terrible. :( I'm glad they made it to you okay. They are all so adorable an beautiful. Congratulations on them.

Congrats, they are ADORABLE!!!! Im glad they are okay.

Thanks everyone!! :D I've run out of likes for the day but I appreciate all the lovely comments. I am very happy with them, especially considering I didn't get to chose them myself. Scrunchie has a completely white belly which you can't see in the photo and when he/she begs for food he does this thing with his face that looks like he's scrunching up his nose and wiggling it - cutest thing ever! :wub: Munch is very laid back except when it comes to food, I think he thinks he needs to kill it first before he eats it. Rambo just has attitude, very happily ramming the others out the way for food, this fish has no fear - it kind of reminds me of those teeny tiny dogs that think they're really a big badass dog. I'm going to have to be careful with her that she doesn't overeat.

I love my brats (my first 4 goldfish) more than anything, but I'm glad I spent the extra money to order the breeds/types of fish I really wanted as well. They're still a litte skitttish but they seem to be slowly settling in. I have to say again though that I'm very unhappy about the way they were packaged, it was only luck that they weren't injured but they were certainly traumatised by it.

Ill take a Munch :teehee

Congratulations!!!!!

They're gorgeous! :Congrats:

I'm going to Star Fisheries open day tomorrow, and am hoping to come home with a new addition just as cute as one of your little guys :)

Shame on them for packaging them so poorly though, I'm glad they all arrived in one piece.

Ooooh! I'd have loved to go to an open day in Star Fisheries! Unfortunatley a bit far to travel for me. If you're able to take some photo's I'd love to see them :D

I'm going to Star Fisheries open day tomorrow, and am hoping to come home with a new addition just as cute as one of your little guys :)

Shame on them for packaging them so poorly though, I'm glad they all arrived in one piece.

Yes please do!

Looking to travel there next year and buy fish :)

They are beautiful!!

I was desperate to go, but it's a three hour drive for me :( please get lots of pictures! :)

They're all lovely!!