Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BrettFish

Fancy Goldfish Dealers

Hi everyone! You may have read about my common goldfish Bubba, who is a little sick. I've decided it would be best to let my aunt take care of him since he doesn't seem to appreciate the company of other goldfish (gets stressed, bites, etc). Along with that, I am searching for a much bigger tank so I'm searching for new fancies to add to the family. Orandas, lionheads, and especially ranchus are the breeds I'm pursuing (I have no goldfish with wens, which fascinate me). Fantails, moors, and telescopes must be in season up here because it's all I can seem to find at any of the nearby pet stores. Any suggestions as to dealers I should contact? Thanks!

Have you put questions up here to evaluate his behavior with other members? :idont That isn't normal goldfish behavior, but could be contributed to by his getting sick and not because he doesn't like others.

DandyOrandas.com

and

Raingarden.us/Goldfish.htm

Good Luck with Bubba.

Steve from raingarden is a great guy, I'm getting my ranchu from him and his shipping is the lowest I seen so far from other places

Also I heard the Cynthia from East Coast ranchu has really nice ranchu's if you are interested in them. I haven't bought from her but I hear she's great. I believe she is on Facebook. I hope the other fish is doing well :)

I just said in another post, any fish can have issues. You take a chance every time you buy one, especially if you can't see it in person or at least in a video.

Goldfishnet.com and Buygoldfishonline.com are options too. I've gotten nice fish from both sites, plus DO and Raingarden. Sadly, my DO fish didn't make it, but i would buy from him again.

I've had great luck with Cynthia at East Coast Ranchu. She's a lovely lady that helps any way possible. And buying from her, I know that the fish has had the upmost care prior to coming into my possession.

I bought one goldfish each from Dandy Orandas (purple butterfly), RainGarden (orange veiltail with black stripe) and GoldfishNet (chocolate and orange pompom). All are fantastic fish, in excellent health. RainGarden will have your cheapest shipping costs of the three, and his fish have absolutely brilliant colors. DO fish are usually more diamond-shaped/round than streamlined, which I totally prefer, but I know not everyone does. GN regularly has 20% off auctions, while DO has "scratch and dent" sales quarterly, I believe.

Good luck! :)

Thanks everyone! Bubba's health has improved since being relocated. He has proper space, filtration, and a varied diet. I appreciate everyone's input and support. :D

I just went on raingarden and the shukins were some of the most beautiful fish I've ever seen!

That's good to hear, Brett. Some of Steve's fish are quite beautiful, yes. :)

East Coast Ranchu has Beautiful Ranchu's and Oranda's. I have 4 goldfish from Cynthia!!!!! She is FANTASTIC to work with!!!!! I have one Oranda form Raingarden.