Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OrandaPanda

55 Gallon Tank (Pic Heavy)

Here are the pictures you asked for! :D Artie,Vinny,and Moe (comet) seem to like their new home. I know Moe will grow too large for the tank, we will be renovating our outdoor pond come spring, so he will live there when it's ready. There are some small species with them (cherry barbs,glowlight and zebra danios,platies cories,and a few loaches). There are a few rasboras , a gold barb, and a tetra that were too fast to catch, but when I catch them they will be moved to the tropical planted tank. Everyone is doing great, and they all seem happy. I just rearranged the decor so the sand made things a bit cloudy.

unnamed-7_zpsa6760331.jpg

The tank has mostly plastic plants so far, but also has some small live anubias and what I think is ludwigia

unnamed_zpsa5d7e5c1.jpg

unnamed-8_zps9ceab18c.jpg

Also here is my yellow-finned Hillstream loach (Gastromyzon viriosus)

photo3-2_zpsbd7f60db.jpg

Very nice tank.

Very nice tank... The only thing that worries me is that hollow dragon :o

Thanks, and yeah I've been worrying about that too, maybe I will seal it up next time I'm home

I have the same dragon. If you turn the airstone on, it helps moves the water through the ornament. I am going to drill some holes on the unseen side to get better flow.

I have the same dragon. If you turn the airstone on, it helps moves the water through the ornament. I am going to drill some holes on the unseen side to get better flow.

I like that idea, maybe I will pick up a new air pump

Looks great!!!!!

nice set up :)

Nice! How do your goldfish do with your tropical fish? My goldfish are so friendly and frisky with each other, I just wonder what that would be like for tropical fish.

Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner, the tropical fish do ok, I try to keep species that like cooler temperatures with the goldies.

Lovely tank and your goldies are beautiful.