• * Ammonia Level (Reverse Osmosis) 0

• * Nitrite Level (RO) 0

• * Nitrate level (RO) 0

• * pH Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6, 125.3

• * pH Level, RO (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 6, 90

• Other Required Info:
    • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API MTK
    • * Water temperature? 68 F

• * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55 gallons, 3.5 years

• * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Fluval 305 and AquaClear 110

• * How often do you change the water and how much? Every two weeks, 100%

• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? One week ago, 100 %

• * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 orandas, 4 and 5 inches, not including tails

• * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime, Equilibrium, baking soda, Seachem Excel, Flourish and Iron for my plants.

• * What do you feed your fish and how often? Thera A daily, occasional blood worms and spinach, fasted once a week

• * Any new fish added to the tank? No

• * Any medications added to the tank? No

• * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Last Prazi treatment was about four months ago.

• * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Cloudy eye

• * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? No unusual behavior

One of my orandas has developed a cloudy eye. This is the first day I have noticed it. It's just in one eye. It's not fuzzy or anything and it appears to only be on the eye's surface. Here is a photo:

20141004_141950_zps0532df80.jpg

If this needs any treatment, I have API fungus cure, triple sulfa and Melafix on hand.

Can we get a full tank shot please? Is your pH stable? With that KH it should be, just checking. :D

20141004_144212_zpsad365ff9.jpg

The pH remains stable. I add baking soda and Equilibrium with water changes to get the levels I need.

Looks like trauma to me, not an infection. She probably just bumped it. I would just observe and keep the water pristine for now. If it gets worse or appears in the other eye, let us know :)

Hope he feels better!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it's not serious :)

You said you leave your water out before you change it from posts in the past, right?

I would also recommend upping your water changes to weekly 80-100% or so since your nitrates are at 30ppm at the end of two weeks which is just about the limit of how high they should be at the end of one week. As your fish grow (wow, are they goegeous!) the nitrates will become higher and higher at the end of two weeks.

And is that pothos on the drift wood? Unfortunately, they can not be submerged as they will rot under water and die off. :(

You said you leave your water out before you change it from posts in the past, right?

I would also recommend upping your water changes to weekly 80-100% or so since your nitrates are at 30ppm at the end of two weeks which is just about the limit of how high they should be at the end of one week. As your fish grow (wow, are they goegeous!) the nitrates will become higher and higher at the end of two weeks.

Did you mean "your nitrates are at 30ppm at the end of one week which is just about the limit of how high they should be at two weeks" ?

Did you mean "your nitrates are at 30ppm at the end of one week which is just about the limit of how high they should be at two weeks" ?
I was trying to explain that at the end of one week they should be no higher than 30ppm, and even though they are only 30 at the end of two weeks, water changes should be upped, as in time, they will be higher than 30 at the end of the two weeks as the fish grow which wouldnt be ideal. Edited by Mikey

I was trying to explain that at the end of one week they should be no higher than 30ppm, and even though they are only 30 at the end of two weeks, water changes should be upped, as in time, they will be higher than 30 at the end of the two weeks as the fish grow which wouldnt be ideal.

Yes, but he did a 100% water change one week ago, so the Nitrates are at 30 at the end of one week, not two. What you were trying to say is correct, but you just said it incorrectly.

I was trying to explain that at the end of one week they should be no higher than 30ppm, and even though they are only 30 at the end of two weeks, water changes should be upped, as in time, they will be higher than 30 at the end of the two weeks as the fish grow which wouldnt be ideal.

Yes, but he did a 100% water change one week ago, so the Nitrates are at 30 at the end of one week, not two. What you were trying to say is correct, but you just said it incorrectly.
Oh! My bad. I read it as two weeks ago. I guess I was reading it too fast and re-read the two. :blush:

Both your fish are beautiful. I hope the one that has the eye issue starts to looking good with time with just having pristine water.

Thank you, and yes, that is a pothos. I have it growing in and out of my aquarium and it doesn't seem to have a preference. That is one seriously hardy plant. You can cut it into little pieces and it just grows more roots. It wasn't originally submerged in the water. I used to have lids on my tank where I first put the plant, and also in my AC 110 filter to help with nitrates. They developed huge root systems and seemed to thrive from tank water. Then I got water lettuce and a water lily, so I decided to take the lids off. I tried to keep pothos leaves out of the water, because I was also concerned that the plant would rot. But the whole plant kept falling into the water so eventually I just left it there to see what would happen. They have been submerged for almost a month now and I don't see any signs of rotting. I've also had that driftwood in the tank for at least a year.

Yes, you remembered correctly about my situation with RO. I did say that the last water change was a week ago in my first post but it was probably closer to a week and a half ago. Sorry for that. I don't change the water on the same day of the week so it's not consistent. Either way, I do agree that when nitrates get to the 30-40 ppm range, it's time for a water change. My plants really help with this; the levels never get to that point in just one week. I would encourage live plants to anyone that keeps fish for this reason, but also because I think they can be equally as rewarding. I get so excited when my plants make flowers or my lily shoots up another lily pad. :)

Here is a picture of the tank before I took the lids off. I've also since removed the driftwood on the right.

20140822_150751_zps732b78bb.jpg

Gorgeous!

Thank you! I really like the fish in your profile picture and the ones in your signature too. :)