Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenzaar

Jenzaar's pics and video place (picture heavy)

Thanks so much lisa! It's a work in progress but I'm very happy with it. :)

As requested :teehee

20141030_071600_HDR2.jpg

20141030_072818_HDR.jpg

Awesome tank!! :)

Looks great Jenna.

I like the plants wrapped around on top of the tank.

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Random out of the blue question - How do you get your plants to stay put? Are they all tied to rocks? Pleeeease tell me, your tank is gorgeous and exactly what I want to do in mine! :please

I've got a black background with light 'beach sand' colored sand but for the life of me I can't get my plants to stay put :wall

Also I love Myrtle!! :wub: You have such a cute bunch! And I also second the request for a full tank shot :D

Aww wow, thanks soo much for the compliments! :D

Most of my plants are superglued to rocks. I have a lot of anubias, and two rocks with java fern attached to it. The two long crinkly plants, as well as the bulbs, are planted in the sand though (and one anubias plant). :) I did also have some water sprite planted, but it did not fare well. :(

Anyway, supergluing anubias is very easy, but mine took to the sand very quickly! I just made sure to have as much of the roots covered in sand as possible, and they grew and anchored themselves super fast. The thing has not budged. :nana i do the same with the ones attached, and just try to get the roots covered. They've really grown, and would be easy to plant now without being glued or tied down.

What kind of plants keep being uprooted? :idont sometimes they just need to be anchored some way, so the roots can grow and have something to hold themselves later on. If you just have anubias or ferns, you can glue it if that suits you.

Thanks again! I'll try to get a full tank shot up for ya tonight. :teehee

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks! I think I'm going to try the superglue thing :D . I like the idea of being able to move the plant if I need to. Do you have to add anything in particular to your tank if you have them just glued down or do you just leave it and let the fish poop do it's thing? I got 2 Java ferns and 3 Amazon swords - I now have 1 amazon sword left. I tried planting them and putting them in pots etc etc but my bunch just kept pulling them out and shredding them, even the moss balls (which last the longest). It's not that they're eating them I think but rather that they're just doing it for the fun of it :doh11: . Hopefully if I superglue them to a rock they won't be able to do too much to them.

Love the full tank shot!! Your tank looks great :thumb: , how many gallons/liters is it?

Aww, so many cuties!!! :heart

Thanks! It is 125 gallons. :)

Try some anubias if you haven't! It tends to be the most durable (not always, but usually - when we brought Kite home, her 7 gram little body destroyed mine!), and doesn't require any special treatment. Same goes for the java fern. :)

The sword will need to stay planted one way or another. I think it needs either dirt or root tabs to stay nourished. I've been able to keep my plants in containers, with just some large pebbles capping the dirt (to keep it weighed down, and also reduce a dirt storm).

Look through the Planted Tanks section of the forum and you'll be able to find lots of ways people have kept plants with their particular setups. I'm sure you'll find something that works for you! :-D

Aww, so many cuties!!! :heart

:D

Thanks! It is 125 gallons. :)

Try some anubias if you haven't! It tends to be the most durable (not always, but usually - when we brought Kite home, her 7 gram little body destroyed mine!), and doesn't require any special treatment. Same goes for the java fern. :)

The sword will need to stay planted one way or another. I think it needs either dirt or root tabs to stay nourished. I've been able to keep my plants in containers, with just some large pebbles capping the dirt (to keep it weighed down, and also reduce a dirt storm).

Look through the Planted Tanks section of the forum and you'll be able to find lots of ways people have kept plants with their particular setups. I'm sure you'll find something that works for you! :-D

I am the proud owner of Java Fern, small rocks and superglue!! I will now go harrass people on the planted section of the forum :teehee

I'm still jealous of your tank though - make sure to keep updating! :P

Fishaayyys!

For some reason my phone was cooperating with pics just a tad better with a billion post-water change bubbles. So..

I didn't mean to let Plumbean steal the show. But whatever, he is just so cute and wanted to hog the camera. :rofl:heart

They're looking great :) and Betty :wub:

They're looking great :) and Betty :wub:

Thanks! :)

She is a special little thing. Really wondering if they'll spawn again for me come spring :peeka

Edna looks great too!

Susanne she is getting sooo big! :nana

I really love her more and more.

Plumbean!!!

Everyone looks great!

You bought another crinkly?  I want to get one, but I don't think that I could fit anything else in there! :o

You bought another crinkly? I want to get one, but I don't think that I could fit anything else in there! :o

Yeah, but it hasn't done well! I've had it for months, and it has only given me four leaves. One was removed :wa and the other three are hanging on but not growing. :idont

Could be because i didn't give it dirt, or could just not be a happy plant.

You bought another crinkly? I want to get one, but I don't think that I could fit anything else in there! :o

Yeah, but it hasn't done well! I've had it for months, and it has only given me four leaves. One was removed :wa and the other three are hanging on but not growing. :idont

dirt, I think.  

:nana

I :heart Edna!!  She's so cute!

Your fish and tank and looking fantastic Jenna!!  :hi5

dirt, I think.
Probably. Not going there again though, right now at least.

:nana

I :heart Edna!! She's so cute!

Your fish and tank and looking fantastic Jenna!! :hi5

:teehee i really love her too! :wub:

Thanks! Should get the new guys in the 40 later, and the TMS will go in there too! :nana

By the way, i opened the bag last night to bring a little bit to Tammy. I knew the stuff sparkles, but boy does it SPARKLE! :rofl

Do you think I have room for another small pot in my tank?  It was such a cool plant, and now I have a pleco, to keep the algae at bay. :o  I might have plant spy pick one up, should she see one for sale! :o

There's always room!

Looks great Jenna! :thumb:  I have 4 bags of Sunset Gold coming tomorrow for my 55's. I love the way it looks in your tank.

Looks great Jenna! :thumb: I have 4 bags of Sunset Gold coming tomorrow for my 55's. I love the way it looks in your tank.

Awesome! I hope you love it!!! :o:D

Looks great Jenna! :thumb: I have 4 bags of Sunset Gold coming tomorrow for my 55's. I love the way it looks in your tank.

I got it today and added a bag to one of my tanks. I frickin love the way it looks. The smell was god awful though. Did your bags have an odor?

I got it today and added a bag to one of my tanks. I frickin love the way it looks. The smell was god awful though. Did your bags have an odor?
Wooo!!! I'm glad you like it! :nana

It smelled salty? Other than that i didn't notice anything. :o