Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
jenzaar

Jenzaar's pics and video place (picture heavy)

246 posts in this topic

How am I just seeig this?!? :heart :heart your group is gorgeous!! :D

How am I just seeig this?!? :heart :heart your group is gorgeous!! :D

awww thanks! :bighug

How about full tank shots, huh? :D Did you put the driftwood in? I'm fooling with bleach probably tonight, so I might have a piece of petrified wood in later on today.

How about full tank shots, huh? :D Did you put the driftwood in? I'm fooling with bleach probably tonight, so I might have a piece of petrified wood in later on today.

Full tank shots are never easy for me!

The driftwood is still out. :peeka I've been chipping away at the stained spots (on both pieces!! I thought the big one was normal!) and i think I've done as much as i could. I do need to remove a few hazardous pieces though. :teehee

As soon as this frenzy over Betty is through, if it ever is, I'll add it then. I realized on the way home from your house.... The main reason i didn't want to add driftwood was because i don't want my blind, clumsy fish crashing her eyes into it! :doh11:

So I'll probably remove it every time they chase her because I'm just that paranoid. :crazy:

I haven't added anything to my tank either. I'm off for a week, starting from Wednesday afternoon, so I'm hoping to have lots of time to play then.

I do think that I'll bleach the stuff I got, when I do the algae dip for the plants. It just may not go into the tank right away. Actually, I need to split up some of the anubias nana petite bushes, and space them out on the front log, for better coverage. :)

I love that bleaching crap is playtime for us. I had been so cranky if i didn't get to work on mine! :rofl3

I'm always cranky, according to my husband! :o

Weeheeee! I was looking and giggling at Myrtle, thinking how big she's getting. Then I realized.... she and Edna hatched exactly six months ago! :o:lisa:

I think I like this colander/picture business. It's easier for us all, I think, to just scoop em into it and snap a shot. I do still like to get a comparison in my hand. :peeka To me, it shows growth best, at least when you can rarely manage decent pictures. :rofl

Myrtle

20141028_112608_HDR_1.jpg

20141028_111630_HDR.jpg

Edna

20141028_112402_HDR.jpg

She's really starting to get some yellow on her. :teehee

20141028_111549_HDR.jpg

Now the biggens, just cause! :nana I'd love to have everyone weighed, but my scale is crud. oh well!

Plumbean! :nana

20141028_112319_HDR.jpg

20141028_112326_HDR.jpg

I got him the day before the fry hatched. So happy six months to him, too. :teehee

20141028_112543_HDR.jpg

20141028_112532_HDR.jpg

trying to get some meat on Betty. I think we're getting there. :idont

Blimp :flex:

20141028_112231_HDR.jpg

20141028_112302_HDR.jpg

and Kite :heart

20141028_112751_HDR.jpg

20141028_112809_HDR_1.jpg

omgithinksheissobeautiful :ignore

Beautiful crew. Now you need a moor to round out the colour spectrum

Beautiful crew. Now you need a moor to round out the colour spectrum

ugh, I so do!

I missed out on the perfect moor. Somebody smack me for real, the next time I find one as great and drag my feet in silly hesitation!

Tammy, you hear the woman!

Oh Tammy they are just beautiful! :wub:

The babies are gorgeous, Myrtle is turning into quite the stunner.

I think my favourite of the big guys has to be Plumbean (but don't tell Betty I said that), I just love his tail :)

I think my favourite of the big guys has to be Plumbean (but don't tell Betty I said that), I just love his tail :)

Oh Tammy (yafashelli) is the designated spanker. :rofl

But thank you!! :D

I love Plumbean. :wub: He is my cutest fish. They all are the most "something-est" fish though, in at least one category. :rofl Oh yes but he also has some of that orange developing on his pelvic fins! I don't think the coloring was there on the tips of his caudals, either, when i got him. :teehee

Betty is my fave :heart

I can't believe how big Kite is :o she's stunning :wub:

Betty is my fave :heart

I can't believe how big Kite is :o she's stunning :wub:

I was surprised too!! :rofl

I feel like that picture has to be doing some trick-of-the-eye effect, i just don't think she's really that big. :rofl3 But she has definitely grown in the last year. :teehee

Thanks Aubrey! :bighug

You heard that, Jenna? All ur fishez r belongin 2meeeee!

I told you, many times mind you, to buy that moor! :o He was the sick one though, wasn't he? It might be good that you held out. :hug

I can't believe your tiny liitle nuggets have grown up so much! Tell Blimp that I said he's huge!

You heard that, Jenna? All ur fishez r belongin 2meeeee!

I told you, many times mind you, to buy that moor! :o He was the sick one though, wasn't he? It might be good that you held out. :hug

I can't believe your tiny liitle nuggets have grown up so much! Tell Blimp that I said he's huge!

That is the moor, indeed! At least, i think. :rofl i do wonder if he would've been okay if i had gotten him the first time you told me to :doh11: but it's not worth dwelling over. :peeka

Blimp will be most flattered. :teehee:whisper even if your babies make him look like their own fry :rofl3

:lol

I love Plumbean. :wub: He is my cutest fish. They all are the most "something-est" fish though, in at least one category. :rofl Oh yes but he also has some of that orange developing on his pelvic fins! I don't think the coloring was there on the tips of his caudals, either, when i got him. :teehee

Oh my gosh I am so sorry, I have no idea why I wrote Tammy!! How embarrassing!! So sorry Jenna!

Oh my gosh I am so sorry, I have no idea why I wrote Tammy!! How embarrassing!! So sorry Jenna!
No worries!! :bighug

Is that what Yafashelli stands for; designated spanker? :rofl

You have a beautiful group of fish Jenna.

...but my favorite is still Blimp :D

Random out of the blue question - How do you get your plants to stay put? Are they all tied to rocks? Pleeeease tell me, your tank is gorgeous and exactly what I want to do in mine! :please

I've got a black background with light 'beach sand' colored sand but for the life of me I can't get my plants to stay put :wall

Also I love Myrtle!! :wub: You have such a cute bunch! And I also second the request for a full tank shot :D

Random out of the blue question - How do you get your plants to stay put? Are they all tied to rocks? Pleeeease tell me, your tank is gorgeous and exactly what I want to do in mine! :please

I've got a black background with light 'beach sand' colored sand but for the life of me I can't get my plants to stay put :wall

Also I love Myrtle!! :wub: You have such a cute bunch! And I also second the request for a full tank shot :D

Aww wow, thanks soo much for the compliments! :D

Most of my plants are superglued to rocks. I have a lot of anubias, and two rocks with java fern attached to it. The two long crinkly plants, as well as the bulbs, are planted in the sand though (and one anubias plant). :) I did also have some water sprite planted, but it did not fare well. :(

Anyway, supergluing anubias is very easy, but mine took to the sand very quickly! I just made sure to have as much of the roots covered in sand as possible, and they grew and anchored themselves super fast. The thing has not budged. :nana i do the same with the ones attached, and just try to get the roots covered. They've really grown, and would be easy to plant now without being glued or tied down.

What kind of plants keep being uprooted? :idont sometimes they just need to be anchored some way, so the roots can grow and have something to hold themselves later on. If you just have anubias or ferns, you can glue it if that suits you.

Thanks again! I'll try to get a full tank shot up for ya tonight. :teehee

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

I just caught up on this thread tonight. Your tank is beautiful! And your fishies adorable. So cool to see how much they have grown. That Betty, well, I just love her!! I look forward to a full tank picture.