Sign in to follow this  
xjasminex

**Awesome find!**

10 posts in this topic

Hey kokonuts!

Recently i have seen many posts on what the best way to clean your canister filter tubing is...I myself have never cleaned my tubing and have had my canisters running for over two years :yikes

Last night while browsing nomorerack i saw this and thought it would be perfect! So i bought it!

http://www.nomorerack.com/daily_deals/view/1230070-2_pack__5_metal_drain_cleaner_brushes

Ill let you guys know what the quality is and if they work decent when i get them and try them out!

I have no canister but I think that's great that you found something that might work for you. When my tubing for my air pump gets dirty/gross I just throw it out and replace with new tubing. (might not be the cheapest way but it's definitely clean and fast. :) )

I would do that too for airline tubing, but canister tubing is much bigger and more expensive. I hope this works! I'm eager to hear your report. :)

Cool! This looks interesting! What kind of canister do you have?

I have two aquatop canisters a 500gph and 264gph.

I have two aquatop canisters a 500gph and 264gph.

Cool. Do you like them :)

I do, the only thing that has gone wrong with them is i needed a new o ring for the barrel head of the 264gph one.

My 500gph canister is the oldest and probably has been running for 3 years or more and has never malfunctioned or needed any new parts.

They are cheap and therefore some parts are kinda chinsy, im not a big fan of the media trays due to the cheap make of them but they work!

Get the new O ring before you have a leak! I just had one -- not fun! Thankfully, I had already planned to replace the gaskets, so I had them on hand.

Yea, i learned that!

It actually leaked after cleaning so i caught it =]

Mine did too. I unplugged it, and something happened that made the water start running back into the canister. And because the gaskets were shot, the water started pouring out of it! It was not a nice surprise!