Kokos Goldfish Forum
Whiskers

Greetings from Wisconsin!

Hello lovely members of Koko's. My name is Whiskers but a less silly name you may call me is Roni. :heart I am currently a nineteen year old college student who got more seriously into Goldfish keeping about eight months ago. As my title states, I am living in Wisconsin.

Right now I have two goldfish, a fancy/Ryukin baby named Candy Corn who's about a year old and a little Oranda named Jelly Bean who's going to be a year or so soon. After my tank upgrade both started to pack on weight so hopefully they keep on growing!

Unfortunately I'm still in an undersized tank (20g) due to college restrictions, but according to Aquadvisor my dual filter set up and semi-frequent water changes are keeping them nice and healthy! Can't wait to get my own apartment and go a little fish crazy.

Now for some pictures! A thread isn't complete without pictures. :gfish:

409030_2511969773129_2071898513_n_zpse92

This is the fish in a bowl that started it all. We all have that little guilty intro-to-fishkeeping memory right? His name was Stark and was a birthday gift to me. He was followed by Ugly once he died, but when Uggs died as well, Candy Corn took his place. That is the start of where we are today!

tumblr_n9wf5xolWP1tvhknso1_1280_zpsb21b5

This is Candy Corn the Fantail/Ryukin. He's crazy in love with attention and people. Mostly food, but even once he's full he'll still try and attract my attention by any means possible. Also loves hands to bits and will play tag with me sometimes. Last I weighed him he was 31 grams - over half of that was in the last two months!

fNEbA5u_zps9f911a5e.jpg

This is Jelly Bean, aka "Little Bean" the Oranda. I thought some of Candy Corn's erratic behavior was because he was stressed and needed a friend, so I pushed the limits of my tank to take in this girl with a bum rudder. (She's missing half of one of her tail fins.) Turns out Candy Corn is still a little nutter, now just with a girlfriend following him everywhere.

gmvMCkp_zps645f2c42.jpg

Side view of my tank since I don't have any good head on ones. Since removed two of the little flower pots and took the gravel out of the remaining small one. Otherwise it's bare bottom with some glass rocks. Black background and floor. Looks pretty slick when it's clean if I may say so!

ChHuxi7_zpsa4512199.jpg

Little Bean has had a small spurt since this photo so now she's not as dwarfed by two inch flower pots. Candy Corn is still much bigger though.

Edited by Whiskers

Welcome to the forum! Your fishies are so cute! :D

:hi Roni! Very nice to meet you. :D

Your fish are really cute! Thanks for the pics. :lisa:

Thank you Georgia, I like to think so myself. :heart

When I first started learning about real goldfish care and the different breeds, I was a little mad at myself for letting the Walmart dude pick out any fish he wanted from the tank to give me because I got this super bland fish compared to all these possibilities! And then his personality came in and his little side-triangle (not pictured) and now I can't even think of not having him. Candy Corn is my baby to the end.

Then there was Little Bean who was very dark black in some places with a bum rudder and also shy as sin. Now she's completely orange and is getting bossy like Candy Corn hah!

And thank you as well fantailfan1. :hi I do have more pictures but I think I'll sit on them for a bit. Maybe I'll post a few in the variety specific threads.

:welcome I like your tank set up and your fish are really cute :D I also love their names :wub:

Welcome :hi Your fish and tank are lovely :)

Candy Corn! What a great and original name for your goldfish. And another fantail fan, yay! Aren't they just Mr. Personality? My fantail is the Mayor of the pond. And little Jelly Bean is a cutie too. Welcome Roni :hi

Welcome to the site! :hi

Welcome to the forum! :D your fish are adorable :)

Welcome! Yea to more people and fish from Wisconsin!

Welcome to Koko's!!

Welcome! They are very cute!

Candy Corn! What a great and original name for your goldfish. And another fantail fan, yay! Aren't they just Mr. Personality? My fantail is the Mayor of the pond. And little Jelly Bean is a cutie too. Welcome Roni :hi

Thank you! It was supposed to be Elvis but when I first got him he had some really dark orange making him white/orange/yellow so it stuck. He is totally boss of the tank... poor Little Bean can't live without him but he could totally live without her hah!

Welcome! Yea to more people and fish from Wisconsin!

Woo hoo! :happydance I think I saw you while I was lurking the last few days because I was sad Madison is still a ways from me. Not a lot of goldfish people where I live, let alone decent fish stores!

And to the rest of you - thank you!

:hi

and

:welcome

I was thinking: I'm assuming you have a 20 tall. If you ever want a quick upgrade, a 20 long would give your fish more horizontal swimming space and still meet your 20 gallon requirement. I think you could get one for $20 right now at Pet Supplies Plus. They are having a dollar-per-gallon sale. :)

Hello and Welcome. I love their names for your two cuties. :)

I was thinking: I'm assuming you have a 20 tall. If you ever want a quick upgrade, a 20 long would give your fish more horizontal swimming space and still meet your 20 gallon requirement. I think you could get one for $20 right now at Pet Supplies Plus. They are having a dollar-per-gallon sale. :)

Yeah, I know about the long thing. However, I have a stand that only fits a 20g tall and below. :no: My parents bought it for me when I had my 10g and I didn't want to stop using it when I had only had it for a month before getting my 20g. I totally agree though, Candy Corn would die for the horizontal length. He's my lap swimmer.

Interested in the Pet Supplies Plus dollar per gallon sale though - didn't realize they did that too. Is it going to be routine or not? My local PSP actually got rid of their fish room and downsized to half an aisle for fish things. Half of that half is an ugly betta display.

:heart your goldies Names make them sound delishious :o

:ignore

:rofl2

:welcome and it's good to know you realize the importance of pics in a thread :D

:heart your goldies Names make them sound delishious :o

:ignore

:rofl2

:welcome and it's good to know you realize the importance of pics in a thread :D

It's good to know I've found a place to finally post my hoard of pictures. :whistle Thank you!

Are you a Badgers fan? AT least they won today. Which is A LOT more than I can say for our Michigan teams. :yikes

We could use some more pics of your fish. :nana

I loved reading your description of your fish and your stories! They are cuties!