Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aneta

Eggs for the fist time!

Great! Have you decided if you are going to prazi them? :)

Well, I don't think that Prazi is available in Ireland. I could probably get it online but it would take long. I would have to look for some other, similar product available here. They look healthy and happy so far. I have a few really big ones and a few died recently but other than that they look good.

Hi there! :hi

Congrats on your babies, they're looking great!

In case you haven't treated them yet, its Kusuri Wormer Plus that's available in the UK (not sure whether you're Northern Ireland?), the active ingredient is flubendazole rather than praziquantel. I actually prefer it to prazi as you only have to dose once, and flubendazole specifically targets the parasites rather than the fish, effectively 'starving' the parasite, and so is reported to have less adverse effects.

I'm not sure about its use in fry - I'm sure one of the mods would be able to clarify if you're interested :)

Great! Have you decided if you are going to prazi them? :)

Well, I don't think that Prazi is available in Ireland. I could probably get it online but it would take long. I would have to look for some other, similar product available here. They look healthy and happy so far. I have a few really big ones and a few died recently but other than that they look good.

Hi there! :hi

Congrats on your babies, they're looking great!

In case you haven't treated them yet, its Kusuri Wormer Plus that's available in the UK (not sure whether you're Northern Ireland?), the active ingredient is flubendazole rather than praziquantel. I actually prefer it to prazi as you only have to dose once, and flubendazole specifically targets the parasites rather than the fish, effectively 'starving' the parasite, and so is reported to have less adverse effects.

I'm not sure about its use in fry - I'm sure one of the mods would be able to clarify if you're interested :)

Hi! I haven't treated them yet as the medicine I ordered (Fluke Solve) arrived just today. I can see that my favourite aquatic shop sells Kusuri Wormer Plus, and to be honest it sounds much better than Fluke Solve. I will ask in the shop if I can treat fry with it. Thanks so much for the info :)

You're welcome :) And good luck with the babies, I'll look forward to your updates!

While flubendazole in wormer plus treats internal parasites if fed and can treat gill flukes, I cannot find information that it treats fin flukes. It does say that it is safe for larval form so it is up to you :)

The little fry are growing fast! They are starting to look more like goldfish every time, they came a long way from little sticks :teehee

5 weeks and 5 fry left. Two metallics and 3 shubunkins. Two of them I'm not sure if I will keep as they show deformity around tail fin area, basically where the fin starts. It is not straight line if viewed from the top.

This one is very pink. It's the biggest fry with the biggest deformity. I call it Pink :)

F838928F-BF93-41A8-AE3D-FE27DFF81D7F_zps

Two metallics. Smaller one I call Comet and it's nice fry. The bigger one has no name yet and it is deformed around tail area.

2CF57D5C-A7BB-40CF-A4B8-3DFF2F515389_zps

And other shubunkins. Photo is very bad, but they are moving fast and its so difficult to take a good one. Anyway the bigger one I call Pepper, because it reminds me of a fish I used to have, and it has no deformities and already started to look like daddy :) And the other one is a bit smaller, and I call it Square Belly because when it was smaller it had square belly for a while. It's ok now :)

D0A20A76-0720-4D8A-B40E-44E5403C7D0B_zps

If I ever manage to take good photos I will post them here :)

Got some slightly better pictures :)

BA8966DA-AA48-4496-B128-A08AB17A7DDA_zps

867C8AA4-68A9-4A34-95CA-779B2E70CD26_zps

3F2F3FE5-3238-4672-BDA9-FEA53E44CD30_zps

F81399A4-A504-4A2F-9EBE-BA709A78BFC3_zps

Little over 7 weeks old - remaining 3 fry.

58AE2D3F-F204-478C-9EBC-02660902F1C2_zps

6E838A09-8A3F-4C9E-9A34-0544C13DB0D6_zps

Wow, you have color! How did you manage that? :)

I really don't know. I thought that I will be waiting for colours for months but they actually started showing colours after week 4 :) diet maybe... :)

I really don't know. I thought that I will be waiting for colours for months but they actually started showing colours after week 4 :) diet maybe... :)

Of course I have to ask - what do you feed them? :)

Of course I have to ask - what do you feed them? :)

I feed them the stuff from the photo (crushed of course) and I feed them also dried brine shrimp, peas. In the first two weeks they were getting Liquifry and BBS and then I started giving them powdered stuff from the photo :)

97B6E781-D428-44F3-A53A-A6766CDB01AB_zps

Nearly 11 weeks old :)

IMG_5561_zps23f593eb.jpg

IMG_5556_zpsb3d3d7ad.jpg

IMG_5549_zpscaf872c4.jpg

IMG_5542_zps2bf9469c.jpg

IMG_5451_zps8cefa679.jpg

IMG_5444_zps33dbe6cd.jpg

Wow, it has already been 11 weeks? They‘ve really grown. And the colours...

Are you planning on keeping them all?

I actually have only 3 left, but yes, I'm going to keep them and see how the colours will develop. The fry are not perfect, they have some slight deformities, so I will not breed them for sure in the future. Hopefully I will get second batch next year, and will get some nice ones.

You are doing a great job! :

Just a little update on my two fry, Comet and Square Belly :) They are 4.5 months old. I've noticed something interesting actually. Comet's behaviour is nearly identical as his/her mum! The moves are so alike! This fry is like a little copy of Starlet (the fish in my avatar). It's actually amazing to watch them. And Square Belly... eats a lot :)

IMG_5918_zps3f097931.jpg