Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SweetMamaKaty

Finley & Franklin's First Fry

Couldn't see the video but you will have single tails in every spawning. It is the original tail and there will always be a throwback mutation. Some of those single tail teles are quite the site though :)

I see dorsal fins. :teehee

So cute! and such big bellies. :rofl3

Started another round of prazi tonight along with the parents' tank, but I will use aged tap water instead of water from the parents' tank for awhile now, since the parents' water is salted at .01%.

I have ordered brine shrimp eggs from a few different sellers, and the one I used tonight barely hatched any! :o This is a scary part for me, since the next batch won't be ready until tomorrow morning, and I hate for there to not be enough food available. I may put in a little of the Spawn & Grow, I just hate how cloudy it makes the water.

Interestingly, there was a new baby in with the parents again today, but I know the size difference would be too great at this point.

These guys are getting HUGE! :flex:

Sounds like your babies are growing well....any new pics ? :). Could you mix up a batch of Spawn and Grow and let it gelatinize and then feed the babies a little square?...mine like to peck at the cubes...even my tiny ones are able to peck tiny pieces off (like algae off a plant root). That way it can stay in the water longer without making the water yucky and you can take it out when you want.

Sounds like your babies are growing well....any new pics ? :). Could you mix up a batch of Spawn and Grow and let it gelatinize and then feed the babies a little square?...mine like to peck at the cubes...even my tiny ones are able to peck tiny pieces off (like algae off a plant root). That way it can stay in the water longer without making the water yucky and you can take it out when you want.

Why didn't I think of that? :lol3 That's a great idea, thanks!

I'll try to get either pics or a video up by tonight! :) Probably due to the inordinate amount of time I spend scrutinizing them, I can tell some of them apart! :o

Found a better setting on my camera! :nana

These are all pre-water change, sorry for the cruddies - I just had a chance to take pictures earlier today and I'm getting ready to do the wc right now. :)

The smallest and the biggest with the dime for scale.

IMG_7593_zps2a5ee782.jpg?t=1410483940

IMG_7596_zps6e505b74.jpg?t=1410484147

This one has a pretty tail, and is that scales?

IMG_7599_zps5c2f9767.jpg?t=1410484463

Sooo cute!! :lisa:

I do spy some scales :teehee

Sooo cute!! :lisa:

I do spy some scales :teehee

Thank you :) I thought so too, but I couldn't remember if that lines up with the age they are - it must!

:teehee Looks like a lil Waldo. Ah it seems like only yesterday . . . . :rofl3

Wow! It was really fun to catch up on this thread. Your fish babies look great, I assume the baby baby is doing well too ! :)

They've gotten so big! :o:teehee

So cute!

Oh so cute! They get cuter all the time :) I can not believe how much they have changed already. You are doing a good job in raising them :thumb:

So cute!

Thanks! :)

They've gotten so big! :o:teehee

It seems very fast too, I really can't believe how fast they change.

Wow! It was really fun to catch up on this thread. Your fish babies look great, I assume the baby baby is doing well too ! :)

Thank you. Yes he's great - super happy and observant. Also chunky. :teehee

Oh so cute! They get cuter all the time :) I can not believe how much they have changed already. You are doing a good job in raising them :thumb:

Thank you. :) It's seriously so much fun, I'm glad to have this opportunity.

Edited by SweetMamaKaty

They are looking great!!

Great pics! They are growing up fast :heart

Great pics! They are growing up fast :heart

Cute babies...thanks for sharing :)

Thank you both. :)

I notice tonight there are a couple that really aren't the go-getters I think they should be at meal time. I guess in a way I'm glad to see it now, so that I can mentally prepare myself. It isn't for lack of food - they just don't really open their mouths very much or seek out the food like the others. Also a couple have a bit of a notch in the middle of their dorsals, so it will be interesting to see what happens with those too.

I decided I want to try the sponge filter, not to replace water changes, but to try to keep the water more clear in between. It's dialed down so low though, I don't know if it will really do much. :rolleyes:

Adorable! Lovely looking fry :)

Adorable! Lovely looking fry :)

Thank you :)

I had a little change of plans today. I discovered the caulk is separating from the glass in a couple spots on the 10 gallon tank I had these guys in! :o I don't know if it just happened today when I was cleaning the tank or what, but I really didn't feel comfortable moving them back in. So - I moved Finley and Franklin into the 60 gallon so I could put the fry in the 29 gallon. The water level is still low though, around 3.5". I could slap me - I forgot to put white paper and the dime back down first! I was able to slip some paper under in one spot, but it doesn't cover the whole bottom. :rolleyes: The sponge filter was unimpressive, so I didn't put that back in today. I did keep the Fluval moss rocks that were in this tank with the parents, and it is so cute to see the fry pecking at them. :heart

Without further ado...

My favorite is the lighter colored one with the pretty tail, on screen at :14 and again at :37. :)

Acclimating, since I had to add a lot of water that wasn't aged.

IMG_7645_zps26437c48.jpg

IMG_7651_zpsbf6b2c8d.jpg?t=1411008565

IMG_7653_zpscf2bf75f.jpg?t=1410922396

They look awesome! :heart