Kokos Goldfish Forum
Lis.

Lis's 180g dirted goldfish tank!

I'm not going to look anymore! Every time I do, I :thud and have to wipe drool off my computer! :rofl It's really stunning. :heart

Ah Lis I've just caught up with your thread, and when I read that you were removing some plants I was like noooooo, but now I'm like wooooow! :lol

That big piece of hornwood looks fab with all the javafern and anubias on it. I have to say that I don't think you can go wrong with javafern and anubias, they may be 'low tech' plants but they still give that green planted tank look without all the faff. I also love how I can just lift mine out of the tank to have a good hoover underneath, you just can't do that with rooted plants. And best of all they're pretty much goldie proof! 

I'm not going to look anymore! Every time I do, I :thud and have to wipe drool off my computer! :rofl It's really stunning. :heart

Thanks Shawn :teehee noooo you have to keep looking at my thread! :rofl embrace to drool :rofl

Ah Lis I've just caught up with your thread, and when I read that you were removing some plants I was like noooooo, but now I'm like wooooow! :lol

That big piece of hornwood looks fab with all the javafern and anubias on it. I have to say that I don't think you can go wrong with javafern and anubias, they may be 'low tech' plants but they still give that green planted tank look without all the faff. I also love how I can just lift mine out of the tank to have a good hoover underneath, you just can't do that with rooted plants. And best of all they're pretty much goldie proof!

Thanks Kate! :) I am missing the plants a little, but I have to finished adding bogwood and more plants yet, I'm hoping I won't miss the old plants once I've finished.

That's exactly it, I want to be able to clean the tank properly, so bogwood is the best way to go :)

Java fern always looks so good! It's gorgeous, Alicia, :D

Java fern always looks so good! It's gorgeous, Alicia, :D

Thissss :rofl I got Java fern for my 55 but its living in my betta tank till the 55 cycles but now...I need Java fern for my betta tank :o

Lis Bug it is looking so lovely!!!!! :heart :heart :heart

Thanks Cheryl :) I enjoyed doing it, other than getting glue all over my fingers :teehee

What kind of glue do you use?  I tried using glue one time over a year ago or so......and that was a mess.  I don't think I had the right kind of glue, even though it was okay for my plants and tank.  Lisa had told me once what she uses but I can't remember.  

Lis, The picture of the bogwood with plants looks so big, and then the pictures of the bogwood in the tank makes the bogwood look so small. Makes me realize how big your tank is! Beautiful!

Thanks Cheryl :) I enjoyed doing it, other than getting glue all over my fingers :teehee

What kind of glue do you use?  I tried using glue one time over a year ago or so......and that was a mess.  I don't think I had the right kind of glue, even though it was okay for my plants and tank.  Lisa had told me once what she uses but I can't remember.

I use a glue that I bought from an online aquatic shop, the same place I buy the bogwood from :) I'm sure I read that you can use pretty much most super glue, but it was convenient for me and without knowing for sure I'd rather just use the stuff that's listed as aquarium safe :) it's the gel super glue :)

Lis, The picture of the bogwood with plants looks so big, and then the pictures of the bogwood in the tank makes the bogwood look so small. Makes me realize how big your tank is! Beautiful!

Thanks Lisa! That was quite a large piece, and it's kind of disappeared in the tank. I quite like it, it looks like it's always been there :) the BN loves it too, there's lots of hiding places in it for him, I see him on it pretty much every day :)

I'm not showing my wood your wood.  It would feel so inadequate.  :tomuch:

Gorgeous.  :thud

Cheryl, I use Loctite Super Glue Gel.  :D

Awesome, from beginning to end! This whole thread has been a great journey to see your art progress over time. I actually like that there's a little less now than before. Though the underground garden you had before looked great as well. Look forward to seeing the tank continue to change!

Magnificent, Lis!

I use a glue that I bought from an online aquatic shop, the same place I buy the bogwood from :) I'm sure I read that you can use pretty much most super glue, but it was convenient for me and without knowing for sure I'd rather just use the stuff that's listed as aquarium safe :) it's the gel super glue :)

Thanks Lisa! That was quite a large piece, and it's kind of disappeared in the tank. I quite like it, it looks like it's always been there :) the BN loves it too, there's lots of hiding places in it for him, I see him on it pretty much every day :)

Thanks.  I had bought some in the past that I don't think was a gel.  I think that might have been my problem.  It was a mess and my fingers were about to glue together.hahaha   I actually hated it and stopped.   I swear I have no patience when it comes to projects such as that one. haha  I should really find some gel, try again, and use it instead of bands.

Water change from the other day :)

image.jpg1_zpsv0mmvq8n.jpg

And when it was full

image.jpg1_zpsh8fcelmv.jpg

I'm sure that's not true Lisa :rofl your tank always looks spotless :)

Awesome, from beginning to end! This whole thread has been a great journey to see your art progress over time. I actually like that there's a little less now than before. Though the underground garden you had before looked great as well. Look forward to seeing the tank continue to change!

Thank you! :D glad you enjoyed it :) thanks, I'm glad you like it with less in it, I was initially worried that I'd never enjoy my tank again once I'd taken most of the hygro and the swords out, but actually I really quite like it :)

Magnificent, Lis!

Thanks Tammy! :)

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

This is so gorgeous! I bet your fish just love all that space? I didn't read all 25 pages of the post so forgive me if this is already answered but have any plants been turned into a salad bar yet? My fish love shredding my amazon swords buy never eat them.

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Thanks Dawn! :)

This is so gorgeous! I bet your fish just love all that space? I didn't read all 25 pages of the post so forgive me if this is already answered but have any plants been turned into a salad bar yet? My fish love shredding my amazon swords buy never eat them.

Thank you! :D

They seem to enjoy it very much (or at least I like to think so :teehee). They haven't eaten any of the plants :) they know they'd upset me if they did :rofl

Pinched my sisters phone (it has a much better camera than mine :teehee). The tank after tonight's water change. I accidentally drained the tank to the point where there was only a few small puddles of water left :yikes Mr. BN handled it like a champ

image.jpg1_zpskoee0qke.jpg

I didn't see this until now, Lisa. :( Thank you for information. Now that I'm thinking of it, I think you gave me the name many months ago. I'm going to write this down,..........................................................now..........on a piece of paper.

Alicia: Your fish look massive even in your massive tank. What does that say? Your fish are massive. :)

I love it!

:hmm This is making me want to make a tree out of my big driftwood. :teehee I love it, but I'm pretty sure I love the sky-high anubias a lot more. :D

Edited by jenzaar

Alicia: Your fish look massive even in your massive tank. What does that say? Your fish are massive. :)

:teehee thanks Cheryl :)

I love it!

Thanks Tammy! :)

:hmm This is making me want to make a tree out of my big driftwood. :teehee I love it, but I'm pretty sure I love the sky-high anubias a lot more. :D

Do it! :D

Yes that anubias has got crazy big, I took this picture of it's roots last week, it's a very happy plant :teehee

image.jpg1_zps7ndqwsd3.jpg

I bought it as a 'anubias barteri nana' :) I think it's one of the more common anubias varieties :)

Just catching up with your thread.

Tank looks beautiful Lis.

Your fish really pop.