Kokos Goldfish Forum
Lydia24

Ph Help/Question?

I started using a new ph buffer ( Seachem Alkaline Buffer ) which Raises ph and also increases KH. But now my ph is 8.6 and my KH is 12. My tap water Ph is 7.5 Gh -2 and kh 2.

Before I use crushed coral with Mag-Float Labs Taget ease 7.5 and it keep the ph stable at 7.5 until I had to change the crushed coral again

So I was wondering what I should do to lower my ph again? Should I remove the crushed coral? Should I only add in the amount of my water change volume (30 gallon) instead of dosing the entire tank every water change?

Have you ever tried using baking soda to raise KH and pH?

I'll have to go check out the instructions for the alkaline buffer. I've never used it. :D

Looks like the Alkaline Buffer is a sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) based buffer. I'm not sure what else is in it. Does the bottle list the ingredients? I bet you'd be just as well off with baking soda for much less $$.

With baking soda, you dose only for the amount of water you've changed. I would think it would be the same with the Alkaline Buffer. :D