Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Linzi Glitter

You know you have goldfish when...

123 posts in this topic

when you run around screaming to everyone DON'T BUY GOLDFISH!~ repeatedly!

Reminds me: when someone tells me they are thinking about setting up a small tank and getting some fish, and I'm just like NO GOLDFISH (not that they listen (ok some do))

This thread is FABULOUS!!!!!! :rofl3

...when you have 22 gallons of tap water sitting all over your kitchen waiting for a water change the next day. On the stairs, on the chairs, on the counters, on the table and even on the washing machine.....

When you buy a pretty shelving unit to hold the 18 cleaned out cat litter containers you use to age water in every week.

When your cat recognizes the routine you go through on water change day, because she likes to chase the poo as it moves through the python hose. WC day is my kitten's FAVORITE day....and I'm just setting up for one now :nana

When you stand there in front of the plant tanks at a pet store trying to figure out which ones they haven't eaten yet, which ones they will eat in a day, and which ones might be eaten but you're going to go ahead and try out, fully aware it might be a salad.

When your cat recognizes the routine you go through on water change day, because she likes to chase the poo as it moves through the python hose. WC day is my kitten's FAVORITE day....and I'm just setting up for one now :nana

My kitty gets in the tub to watch the water run down the drain. :doh11::rofl3 Edited by Chai

When you stand there in front of the plant tanks at a pet store trying to figure out which ones they haven't eaten yet, which ones they will eat in a day, and which ones might be eaten but you're going to go ahead and try out, fully aware it might be a salad.

My kitty gets in the tub to watch the water run down the drain. :doh11::rofl3
This is me. Trying to root my fast growing stems has been a nightmare! If the Bacopa weren't essentially made of rubber I doubt it'd be doing so well.

This is me. Trying to root my fast growing stems has been a nightmare! If the Bacopa weren't essentially made of rubber I doubt it'd be doing so well.
Yup. My LFS guys know I'm there just for their anubias. :rofl

I usually ask when their next shipment is and come back in hopes theres a few new ones.. They laughed pretty hard when I brought back shredded hornwort and they said they grow it back out and sell it. "It's like eating a pine tree! What kind of sharks are eating this?!" :doh11:

Goldfish, man. They'll just about nibble on anything they believe they can rip and make food of. :thud

Edited by Chai

Yup. My LFS guys know I'm there just for their anubias. :rofl

I usually ask when their next shipment is and come back in hopes theres a few new ones.. They laughed pretty hard when I brought back shredded hornwort and they said they grow it back out and sell it. "It's like eating a pine tree! What kind of sharks are eating this?!" :doh11:

Goldfish, man. They'll just about nibble on anything they believe they can rip and make food of. :thud

I just got water lettuce and they DECIMATED it!!! You're right, the anubias are just about the only thing they won't eat. Mine have even done a number on silk plants!

When you spend your entire paycheck on goldfish things while other girls your age are buying yoga pants.

When you spend your entire paycheck on goldfish things while other girls your age are buying yoga pants.

Even girls my age are still buying yoga pants...:hmm

No, I want a new canister instead of clothes. :9

Edited by Chai

When you family comes over and the want to use a fishing poll to fish on your pond :rofl

When given the choice between buying a new pair of jeans (you really need a new pair: your only pair that still fits has holes!) and buying fish supplies you decide the jeans can wait!

When your partner can't find common household utensils (scissors, string, elastics, spoons, sand paper, Tupperware, freezer bags, measuring cups, razor blades, tweezers, tongs etc...) and your response is "check the fish shelves".

When half the baggies and containers in your freezer are labeled "For fish/NOT people"

When every charge on your credit card has "aqua" in the business title

When your LFS calls you on stock day at closing, worried because they haven't seen you...

If you spend 10 mins on Google in the plant section at Walmart, trying to figure out if that neat plant can be aquatic (or worse, when you don't need google)

When your kid expects you to return with plants or a new fish every time you leave the house

If your children can differentiate between black moors and orandas

If your kids correct the petsmart employees

When you partner doesn't keep fish...but understands the nitrogen cycle

:rofl

When you have more fish tanks and aquarium stands in several rooms than you have of your own furniture :rofl3

Yes!

When you use the excuse of "can't it's water change day" to get out of different situations :P

Ditto.

When you have a room dedicated to goldfish (AND sleeping) :rofl3

There's a bottle of Flourish right next to the mustard in your refrigerator :rofl

This is me but it's next to the milk. :teehee

When you're watching tv and you see a goldfish in a bowl, and go on to rant and rave about how goldfish don't belong in bowls

When you spend more time on kokos than you do sleeping.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

When you and your partner's idea of a date is the local fish store.

When you are on a first name basis with the local fish store owners.

When you are trying to explain homemade goldfish food to your mother, and why it will be in the freezer.

The phrase "Sorry, I had to go make sure the fish didn't pass out in the salt bath"

When your partner says, "Don't you have another tank? We *could* get him."

When your mom is going to the grocery and you beg her to drop you off at the petco/petsmart while she shops. When you learn things in science you already knew because you keep aquariums. Having to keep your fish tank in a specific place so your water changer can reach it from the sink. Explaining to the people in your house that frozen bloodworms are fish food not candy

... when you make sure the fish are nowhere in sight while you're eating sushi

... when instead of watching tv or netflix you just watch fish videos online or watch your aquarium

Edited by ghoti

...when you spend your only day off doing water changes, and don't mind one bit!

When your partner can't find common household utensils (scissors, string, elastics, spoons, sand paper, Tupperware, freezer bags, measuring cups, razor blades, tweezers, tongs etc...) and your response is "check the fish shelves".

When half the baggies and containers in your freezer are labeled "For fish/NOT people"

When every charge on your credit card has "aqua" in the business title

When your LFS calls you on stock day at closing, worried because they haven't seen you...

If you spend 10 mins on Google in the plant section at Walmart, trying to figure out if that neat plant can be aquatic (or worse, when you don't need google)

When your kid expects you to return with plants or a new fish every time you leave the house

If your children can differentiate between black moors and orandas

If your kids correct the petsmart employees

When you partner doesn't keep fish...but understands the nitrogen cycle

Touche Amy!

Your freezer contains:

Bloodworms

Peas

Repashy

1 Pizza

My freezer has it's own little fish section!

When the buckets around the house are labeled either "fish only" or "no fish."

When the most expensive light fixtures in the house are hanging over the fish tanks.

Lol labelling them is smart! Mine is more like red and blue buckets for fish, black buckest for laundry and household use. Which is apparently very confusing for my housemate :wall

When all of a sudden in the middle of the night you wake up to find a waterfall on the first floor because your filters outflow moved. (Actually happened)

That's horrible! I hope that never happens again! :yikes

You purchase more items on your credit card for the fish then for your own child. (sometimes a very sad, guilty, moment for a parent. :( )

Don't feel bad you have to spread your love (and money!) between all your babies - fishy and human alike!

When you have a room dedicated to goldfish (AND sleeping) :rofl3

That one sounds like me, I have 3 tanks along one whole wall in the bedroom!

When you can't ever save money for a vacation trip because you keep spending too much on fish stuff and you say "Oh well, maybe next month" then you end up buying too much fish stuff again the next month, and pretty soon you say " Well maybe we can go on vacation next year" But you already know the answer. :whistle

When you can't ever save money for a vacation trip because you keep spending too much on fish stuff and you say "Oh well, maybe next month" then you end up buying too much fish stuff again the next month, and pretty soon you say " Well maybe we can go on vacation next year" But you already know the answer. :whistle

Story of my life! :o I have wanted to go on a Mediterranean cruise for like three years now but can never save enough! :doh11: new goal is within 3 years :rofl