Upgrade to 40 Gallon Breeder Tank

After much planning, here it is:

Ta da!

Very nice! That's pleasing to the eye

40B are great aquariums, far better than 55's

Very nice! That's pleasing to the eye

40B are great aquariums, far better than 55's

Thanks!

I originally was going to upgrade to a 55. I even got one on craigslist. By the time I was ready to set up the tank, the Petco $1/gallon sale was on so I bought the 40B. I now have to sell the 55. I had a 55 long ago. I definitely like the 40B much better.

Edited by LisaCGold

Its beautiful

The tank looks great, and your fish are beautiful! I bet they made the 30 look small :teehee

Lisa, your fish tank is beautiful and great model how to keep properly goldfish, and your pure Gold Orandas are simply gorgeous!

Thank you for sharing!

Lovely! Everyone seems very happy :D

GORGEOUS!!!!!

Absolutely beautiful!!

Beautiful tank and goldies! Love the anubias wood

Great tank set-up and plants! Beautiful goldfish :).

Gorgeous!! I love your driftwood! :heart

:hi Hi Jack and Whale. They both look great.

I also love the dimensions of the 40b. Congratulations on your upgrade. Your tank looks awesome. Very beautiful. I enjoyed seeing your video and hearing what you had to say.

Thank you, Everyone! It has been fun to sit at night and watch my fishies in their new digs, especially using the "moonlight" feature of the LED fixture. I was getting bored with the look of the old tank. Right now I'm very happy with the aesthetics of this new set up. I'm sure I'll get bored with it eventually and need to change it, but for now I can just enjoy it. :fishtank: I appreciate that my fish seem to be happy to go with flow of these changes--they are such troopers! :goldfish::goldfish:

When I was upgrading my tanks I too went from a 29 to a 40b but then to a 55 and finally have the 60g for almost a year. My 60 reminds me of the 40b of the width. Mine is 48x15 1/2x17or 18 high. Not 18 but close. :)

Edited by 4prettyfish

Great looking tank and happy looking fish! Digging the substrate choice and the focal driftwood, or is the piece bog wood? It's lovely! I have some of the spear shaped Anubias you do, I find it grows fast and is very healthy looking! :)

Awww your fish are so adorable! I too want to upgrade to a 40 gallon breeder tank for my Goldfish so I can buy him a friend :rolleyes: He is in a 20 gallon long tank right now and he is only 1 1/8 inch long so I can just imagine how teeny tiny my goldfish would look like in a 40 breeder! :rofl I have two 40 gallon breeder tanks for my land hermit crabs and I love the size dimensions for the hermies so I know I'd love a 40 breeder for my goldfish! I now just have to wait till Petco has their 1 dollar per gallon sale again so I can buy one :whistle Then I will have to build a new cinderblock stand for the 40, but that is OK. :P

Edited by Fish Of Gold

Congrats!!! It looks great!

Love your tank! I agree the 40B is a perfect tank. The footprint gives lots of surface area for goldfish. Can reach the bottom to clean without wetting armpits :D haha

When I was upgrading my tanks I too went from a 29 to a 40b but then to a 55 and finally have the 60g for almost a year. My 60 reminds me of the 40b of the width. Mine is 48x15 1/2x17or 18 high. Not 18 but close. :)

I envision down the road my fishies will get a 60g. Although I can't imagine making space for it. Maybe by then I'll have the time to do a dirted tank!

Great looking tank and happy looking fish! Digging the substrate choice and the focal driftwood, or is the piece bog wood? It's lovely! I have some of the spear shaped Anubias you do, I find it grows fast and is very healthy looking! :)

Believe it or not it is spider wood. I usually associate spider wood as having lots of spindly branches/roots, but this one was not (from substratesource.com).

Awww your fish are so adorable! I too want to upgrade to a 40 gallon breeder tank for my Goldfish so I can buy him a friend :rolleyes: He is in a 20 gallon long tank right now and he is only 1 1/8 inch long so I can just imagine how teeny tiny my goldfish would look like in a 40 breeder! :rofl I have two 40 gallon breeder tanks for my land hermit crabs and I love the size dimensions for the hermies so I know I'd love a 40 breeder for my goldfish! I now just have to wait till Petco has their 1 dollar per gallon sale again so I can buy one :whistle Then I will have to build a new cinderblock stand for the 40, but that is OK. :P

Yay, Jack and Whale are too much! They are so happy in this tank. More room to swim and forage. Keep a watch out for the Petco $1/gallon sale on their Facebook page. They give notice ahead of time.

Love your tank! I agree the 40B is a perfect tank. The footprint gives lots of surface area for goldfish. Can reach the bottom to clean without wetting armpits :D haha

Jack and Whale appreciate me not leaving behind my armpit odor when I move the plants around. :teehee

I love your new setup it looks beautiful as do your fish...I'll be setting back up soon and am debating on getting another 55 or the 40b can you tell me why you like the 40b better? I do have a hard time reaching the bottom of my 55 for cleaning...