Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kulukan

My 7/13 and 7/18 Tele/Lionchu/Oranda? babies

I asked a few fry questions earlier but thought I would start this thread to track my babies as they grow. My first two fry/eggs were found on 7/15 (since one was hatched I am assuming a 7/13-ish spawn). One was already hatched and the other hatched a few days later. Then on the 18th I caught my oranda in act of laying eggs and added them to my baby tank. The first two were mothered by either the same oranda or a lionchu that was being chased by my big telescope, but who knows.

These are from 7/15

DSC_0029_zpsa285f9b3.jpg

I put a marker spot next to the fry so that I would have an easier time finding him with the camera.

DSC_0056_zpsfef899ce.jpg

These are from today (7/31)

This is one of the 7/13 babies next to one of the smaller 7/18 babies

DSC_0071_zps441fc89c.jpg

The bigger 7/18 babies next to the runt. I am gong to give the runt a couple more days to see how it looks but it might end up being culled.

DSC_0064_zps5bb0431d.jpg

7/13 baby next to a bunch of 7/18 babies

DSC_0063_zps00ea2052.jpg

They are currently in 5 gallons of water, 6 inches deep with a sponge filter. I am doing water changes every other day, feeding 6 times a day and treating with prazi.I have 7 fry right now but depending how the 2 smaller ones do I might bring it down to 5. I am open to any suggestions :) Thanks for looking.

Hope those bigger ones don't eat the dots.

Hope those bigger ones don't eat the dots.

Do dots = smaller babies? I was thinking about getting a divider to keep the 2 monsters away from them.

Ya the tiny fish look like dots. lol

I think they look like little sticks :)

I've heard kokos people call them eyelashes. Best name ever lol I'll never be able to think of them as anything else now

Pogo sticks!!!

I've heard kokos people call them eyelashes. Best name ever lol I'll never be able to think of them as anything else now

That is really cute!

Pogo sticks!!!

You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen a pogo stick in real life.

They are so cute. :)

That is really cute!

Pogo sticks!!!

You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen a pogo stick in real life.
Really? I played on them as a kid a few times. It was a lot of fun, except I could never get very far. Kind of like a unicycle, which I just can't comprehend people actually getting around on. When I was at college I remember there was a guy who rode his unicycle to all his classes ... carrying a backpack ... and smoking a cigarette! :rofl Unbelievable.

Baby pictures!

f2_zps5280945c.jpg

f4_zps6ab26a50.jpg

f1_zps562f50b8.jpg

f3_zps32ec9d80.jpg

f5_zpscf195cbe.jpg

Omg!!!! :clapping:

They are little fish!!! :rofl

How old add they now? (Nevermind, i got It) Sooooo cute! :panana

Edited by jenzaar

Woo hoo! Can't believe they have color already!

Edited by *Amanda*

Omgosh :wub: :wub:

I am kind of a split tail snob and only one seems to have a good split. But they are fun and I'll be properly attached in no time :P they will most likely turn out all orange but my knowledge of goldfish genetics isn't that great.

Had their first blood worms yesterday. One managed to eat 2 big ones!

Eyelashes! Dang that's an adorable name. :wub:

And I'm surprised that the older ones are already little fat-bellied fantail-ish things!

Good job! :clapping:

Eyelashes! Dang that's an adorable name. :wub:

And I'm surprised that the older ones are already little fat-bellied fantail-ish things!

Good job! :clapping:

I know! They are total monsters.

Nice babies :). They colored up quickly. Mine are 4.5 weeks old now and even the biggest ones are still tan and grey :).

What color are the parents?

The parents are most likely my big orange telescope (male) he was the only one doing the chasing. And the mom is either the big white/orange Thai Lionchu or my fat orange oranda. Both females were being chased that week. Both big babies are still brown/green fry colored.

I was going to dump out a bucket that used to have water lettuce in it but just before I dumped it I saw something move in the bucket and it was full of fry! There must have been some eggs on the lettuce when I took it outside. I brought in 5 tiny fry. There must have been something to eat in there but the lettuce had been in ther for a least a couple of weeks (and in extreme heat). Those babies have grown a bit since I brought them in but are still MUCH smaller than the ones that have been inside all along.

The 2 big babies are about a month old. The smaller on in the left side of the tank with them was found in a 5 gallon bucket outside and is about a week younger. The fry on the right side of the tank were found in the bucket too, but they are a lot smaller than the others.

Bigger babies

IMG_20140813_203258_zpstqmnhups.jpg

IMG_20140813_203643_zps7y8ddplq.jpg

IMG_20140813_203615_zpsrx9issax.jpg

and the nasty bucket the tiny ones came from, they were out in the 100+ degree weather for at least 2 weeks before I found them

IMG_20140804_094205_zpsbdsmi9em.jpg

Possible parents

IMG_20140813_204329_zps48vecjui.jpg

50 second video with the small bucket babies too