Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Moucho+Moncho

Nacho chasing the other fish

Nacho has been chasing my other two fish and I know Moucho is a girl because she has laid eggs before but they weren't fertilized.

Here's the catch Moncho was chasing her at the time the eggs were layed. But now Nacho is chasing both Moucho and Moncho.

Is this spawning behavior or not?

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o703/Moucho-Moncho/Mobile%20Uploads/th_trimDB38172B-7D8E-4E3C-9779-AD4638DF79F5_zps1b285966.mp4

Classic spawning behavior.

Thanks! but I'm curious to see if Moncho is indeed a girl. She/he has chased Moucho before but now she/he is getting chased?

Thanks! but I'm curious to see if Moncho is indeed a girl. She/he has chased Moucho before but now she/he is getting chased?

You won't know until Moncho lays eggs or sprays milt. Girls can and do chase other girls just because eggs are a good high-protein snack.

You won't know until Moncho lays eggs or sprays milt. Girls can and do chase other girls just because eggs are a good high-protein snack.

Okay thank you!

You are soo lucky to have a male and a female that can breed. I have 3 females and a 4 month old male who will be too slow to even touch the females next spring.

You are soo lucky to have a male and a female that can breed. I have 3 females and a 4 month old male who will be too slow to even touch the females next spring.

Don't give up just yet. Patience is important. :)