Fish Of Gold

Fish Vitamin gel?

29 posts in this topic

Small pellets are always best IMO, unless perhaps if your fish are huge commons/comets. The Pro Gold is probably around 2 mm. I just checked my bag and it doesn't say. They're a little bigger than the NLS 1 mm pellets I use, but smaller than Hikari pellets, which are too big for my liking and cause floatiness in my fish. Pro Gold comes in a larger size too, but it's intended more for pond fish. Three of my four fish are fairly large and have no trouble whatsoever finding the small pellets; they find food primarily by their sense of smell.

Edited by *Amanda*

Pro gold is a medium size pellet it wouldn't be good for baby fish but medium fish to larger fish would do fine on it

Is my fish still considered a baby? If so, should he be eating a food for baby goldfish, like a growth formula pellet?
How old is your fish? Fry food is only fed when the fish are fry (first few months of life) and need something high in protein, such as baby brine shrimp, Repashy Spawn and Grow or Hikari First Bites. These types of food should not be fed to adult goldfish with regularity as the protein content is well above what is recommended for the daily diet of an adult goldfish. Did you buy your fish at a store? If so, he is not considered a fry and should be fed regular adult food.

I also wanted to add that the Soilent Green seems expensive, but it lasts a really, really long time. I bought the bag that was around $20 and it lasted over 6 months! I just bought the largest bag available; it was almost $60 but will last me probably 2 years! I only make 1/4 cup at a time, which lasts around 2 weeks.

Edited by *Amanda*

Pro gold is a medium size pellet it wouldn't be good for baby fish but medium fish to larger fish would do fine on it

Is my fish still considered a baby? If so, should he be eating a food for baby goldfish, like a growth formula pellet?
How old is your fish? Fry food is only fed when the fish are fry (first few months of life) and need something high in protein, such as baby brine shrimp, Repashy Spawn and Grow or Hikari First Bites. These types of food should not be fed to adult goldfish with regularity as the protein content is well above what is recommended for the daily diet of an adult goldfish. Did you buy your fish at a store? If so, he is not considered a fry and should be fed regular adult food.

I also wanted to add that the Soilent Green seems expensive, but it lasts a really, really long time. I bought the bag that was around $20 and it lasted over 6 months! I just bought the largest bag available; it was almost $60 but will last me probably 2 years! I only make 1/4 cup at a time, which lasts around 2 weeks.

I am not sure how old he is. Yes I did buy him from a pet store (Feed Store actually that also happens to sell pets as well)

How can I tell about how old he is? By size?

I am willing to pay a bit more for Soilent Green foods seeing it will last a long time and is healthy for my fish :D

I am not sure how old he is. Yes I did buy him from a pet store (Feed Store actually that also happens to sell pets as well) How can I tell about how old he is? By size? I am willing to pay a bit more for Soilent Green foods seeing it will last a long time and is healthy for my fish :D

Yeah solient green lasts a long time and you don't have to make a lot at a time I just make 1 tablespoon powder to 3 tablespoons of water and then cut it into really tiny pieces.