Fish Of Gold

Fish Of Gold's Goldfish Journal

312 posts in this topic

Is little Dreamsicle getting a wen??

Hmmmm :hummm  I don't know..... :idont I don't know anything about wens, so I'm not sure.

Okay :)

Another way overdue update on my goldfish :hide: Been away for a long time trying to recover from major surgery which the Surgeon thought would be a routine minor surgery back in April, nope it was worse than he thought after he took a look inside  :thud and will take up to 6 months to full recover :ill  I've been having my guy do all of the fish tank duties for me   :thumb: But anyway here are the kiddos :P

Creamsicle, Popsicle, and Dreamsicle 8/4/16:

Creamsicle still gets floaty occasionally but is doing great, and so is Dreamsicle and Popsicle

102_8214.jpg

102_8213.jpg

Icicle, Tricycle, and Fudgsicle 8/4/16 

Everyone here is doing great too!

102_8217.jpg

Fudgesicle has lost almost all of his black coloring now except the tips of his tailfin and a little around his eyes. My little Black Moor is no more looking like a Fudgesicle! :rolleyes:

102_8218.jpg

Here is another shot of Fudgesicle's transformation from black to orange and a close look at Tricycle's uneven telescopic eyes :blink:  :yikes

102_8219.jpg

Wishing Star 8/4/16

Here is beautiful Wishing Star! He still has his orange coloring in his eyes still :happydance

102_8221.jpg

Another close up of Wish and the terrible white deposits that I have to scrape off every single week from the tank walls in all of my tanks! :doh11:   :blink:   :huh:   :wall  :tonge:  That stuff builds up on the AC filters and makes them stop working until I soak it in vinegar :saywhat Is it because I have super hard water or what? :idont I wish I knew because in all my years of owning fish, I never had build up like that except at the top waterline, but now it grows on EVERYTHING! :undecided:  :o  :stars

102_8222.jpg

Plus according to my records, I have successfully owned all of my goldfish for over a year now and Dreamsicle for 2 years back in July! :clapping: Creamsicle's 2nd year anniversary is later this month in August as well! :nana  :hi5 I couldn't have done it without all of you KoKonuts   :grouphug    :exactly

They look great!!!

Wow! Your babys look amazing! They have grown so much! And whishing star is sooooo white! Beautiful bubbas! How is your recovery going now? Hope you are feeling a bit better.

I'm very sad today :crying:Tricycle has died today after getting stuck to the filter intake tube strainer. :cry1 I guess he was also sick/weak and that is why he got stuck to the filter. He was in a QT tank for a few days for treatment but he died today :cryHe is the first goldfish of mine out of the 7 that I have, to die. I got Tricycle back on April 6th, 2015 so I had him for only a little over 2 years :( I had bought Fudgesicle 2 days before Tricycle so they shared the QT tank as new fishies before I added them to the main tank with Icicle and she was glad for the 2 new boys to be her friends, they got along so well. When I first brought him home he had Anchor Worms which we battled to get rid of, and he was so much more happier after they were finally gone. I feel so bad that I couldn't save you this time :k055:  I made Tricycle a memorial video....

Goodbye my goofy, sweet baby. I'll miss you so much!! :wub: :heart I'll miss seeing you in the tank with Icicle and Fudgsicle, I'm sure they miss you too. :fishtank: I'll see you swimming in the crystal clear waters flowing under the Rainbow Bridge. :rip:

Im sorry hun... :( 

Sorry for your loss. RIP Tricycle.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear Tricycle.

From your memorial, I know he was well loved. I remember when you brought him home. 

Here we go again.... :cry

Today June 20th, 2017 I found Fudgsicle stuck to the intake strainer just like Tricycle was in the same tank, but on the other filters strainer. Unlike Tricycle who was still alive, Fudgesicle had already passed away. I don't get it. He was just fine and chasing Icicle around getting a bit frisky with her. Then when my fiancé fed them, he gobbled the food up quickly like usual. Later I seen Fudgesicle sifting thru the sand, he was hoping to find leftovers. He was just fine, then a couple of hours later I went to make a video of all my fish tanks. I seen Icicle but not Fudgesicle, then I seen him on the intake filter strainer, I got him off but he was already lifeless. This is such a shock, my healthy goofy active little fish is now gone in such a short time! On top of that, a few days ago my rescue Betta, Norman passed away too. Icicle will be the only goldfish in that tank now all alone. I almost thought I might put Wishing Star who is alone in the 20 gallon long tank into the 40 gallon with Icicle, but now I'm to scared it may happen again! Even Popsicle is in his own 40 gallon to by himself because it is taking the tank so long to cycle so I can't add Dreamsicle and Creamsicle back in with him, they are still in the 10 gallon QT tank. This is just to weird to see just one goldie in each tank when I'm used to seeing 3 in each tank. :( 

Here is a video I made in memory of Fudgesicle: :rip:

Aw no! I'm so sorry :(

IM so sorry for your loss Amy. RIP Fudgesicle.