Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lis.

I said I'd never do it again...

...but here I am with some new fry :rofl

Last week I collected some eggs from one of my tanks (around 20 eggs). Most were not fertile, but 2 were. Today I found 2 more fertile eggs in the tank, and within 10 minutes of moving them over to the container I was keeping the other 2 eggs in, they'd hatched :o

Here's one of them;

imagejpg1_zpsd103d4be.jpg

And here are the potential parents;

Mother;

Cutiebean

07e10222-452e-404f-b870-fa67a6c45a97_zps

Father;

Cloud

imagejpg1_zps54c01c75.jpg

And Oogs

imagejpg1_zpsf9658b52.jpg

I'm pretty excited about how these fry are going to turn out, and I'm so happy it's such a small number. I will do my best to keep this thread updated this time :D:rofl

Those are gonna be some beautiful babies. :thud

:Congrats:

Those are gonna be some beautiful babies. :thud

:Congrats:

Thanks Georgia! :D

Lis, you have very good heart!

Wow, that oranda is beautiful! I hope they are doing well and I can't wait to see how they grow!

Congrats! If they turn out anything like their parents they'll be stunning!

Congrats....I think. :doh11:

You're a better fish mom than me...after two batches of fry I don't think I'll do it again. The two fry of my orange momma and white/tancho daddy are standard carp color, dark blackish brown.

Lis, I'm in awe of your beautiful psychedelic fish and I hope their fry grow up as interesting looking. Given that you're starting out with only 4 don't be too hard on yourself if they don't make it. That said, best of luck to you and the little eyelashes. :happydance

The potential parents ... I'm guessing the mum is cutiebean but who is the dad?? The babies look so small and adorable I could hug them (but it may kill them)

Good luck! THey're so beautiful!

The potential parents ... I'm guessing the mum is cutiebean but who is the dad?? The babies look so small and adorable I could hug them (but it may kill them)

She put the potential fathers and the mother in the post, with photos.

Congrats....I think. :doh11:

You're a better fish mom than me...after two batches of fry I don't think I'll do it again. The two fry of my orange momma and white/tancho daddy are standard carp color, dark blackish brown.

Lis, I'm in awe of your beautiful psychedelic fish and I hope their fry grow up as interesting looking. Given that you're starting out with only 4 don't be too hard on yourself if they don't make it. That said, best of luck to you and the little eyelashes. :happydance

How old are they, MG?

-----

Congratulations, Lis! I can believe saying "I won't do it again." and then doing it. Fry are just too cute for that.

:goodluck

I'm sure they'll be stunning as all your fish are :)

Congrats!! U will be a great fishie mum to them!!

!!CONGRATULATIONS!!.... Grandma!!

Yay!!! Congrats! These will be some fun fish to watch as they grow! :heart

Good luck!!! If you don't mind my asking, how are the other fry? :idont

:nana :nana :nana :nana

Congratulations!!!!!

How old are they, MG?

11 months.

Here is Pierogi:

Pierogi15July2014.jpg

I would love for his colors to change, as I have a black pond liner and can't see either of them well.

Here is a very cute shot of their parents being all lovey dovey. Queen B is the bigger one, Shinto is the tancho-style daddy.

QueenBShintoCouple.JPG

Thanks everyone:D there are now 10 tiny little fry, I pulled 6 little guys out of the tank this morning :D

Yay!!! Congrats! These will be some fun fish to watch as they grow! :heart

Good luck!!! If you don't mind my asking, how are the other fry? :idont

The other fry are okay, the numbers have decreased, but there's still way too many. I have 8 quite nice fry (5 ranchus and 3 with dorsals), who live separately and are growing well. They're no where near as big as they should be, it really bugs me, but lack of space hasn't helped. I need to find a way of rehoming them, because I just don't think being with me is good for so many fry. I need an empty pond or something :rofl but thank you for asking how they are :)

Below is a 15 second video of some of the fry from my first attempt at raising fry :)

http://instagram.com/p/qewtuwC9ml/

Edited by Lis.

I want the yellow tinted baby the fins are longer than normal and it kind of looks like my favourite goldfish type a shukin ... In my dream world I would so take them all or even just one but won't be allowed :(

You'll have to give me some info on breeding fish and raising the fry. I want to try it sometime in the future

Today they are 2 days old :Dhttp://instagram.com/p/quFWRWC9lB/

I'm not going to go down the live food route if I can help it - it's a pain and it's pretty messy. I found this product online last time and used it, and it was really good :)

imagejpg1_zps8fef2a59.jpg

Today they are 2 days old :Dhttp://instagram.com/p/quFWRWC9lB/

I'm not going to go down the live food route if I can help it - it's a pain and it's pretty messy. I found this product online last time and used it, and it was really good :)

imagejpg1_zps8fef2a59.jpg

I used that too and really liked it...well, it was convenient for me and the fry liked it :)