Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shekhina

No idea what is wrong with my fish, please help

prazi on rotation, yes :)

i will check the vid now :)

that's a lovely effort from Phoebe :) looks like we're getting back on track, slowly :) i sent your package today, you should have it tomorrow :)

Great, thanks so much for that! :) I'll keep going with the Prazi then, today is her first day of the week so I'll add that and the metro later, but give Tri-Sulfa a rest.

sounds good :)

The package arrived today, thank you so very much! The little fish is so cute :wub:

Phoebe has been swimming around really well today, such a relief! I hope this will be the last of her relapses, poor thing. How should I prepare the food?

She is such a little cutie! I sure hope Pheobe is on the road to recovery.

( Earlier you asked if it's ok to use Prazi in your guppy tank, just wanted to mention that we have used Prazi in our guppy tanks to get rid of parasites with no harm to the fish. Hope your guppies feel better soon, too!)

The package arrived today, thank you so very much! The little fish is so cute :wub:

Phoebe has been swimming around really well today, such a relief! I hope this will be the last of her relapses, poor thing. How should I prepare the food?

yay! that's awesome! and yes, cute little fishie.. lol :wub: re the food, currently, i don't want you to make any of it. just store it for now since we already have Phoebe's medicated food made. continue everything the same for now. i am glad she's perked up again. if you can share a short vid of her, that would be awesome :)

She is such a little cutie! I sure hope Pheobe is on the road to recovery.

( Earlier you asked if it's ok to use Prazi in your guppy tank, just wanted to mention that we have used Prazi in our guppy tanks to get rid of parasites with no harm to the fish. Hope your guppies feel better soon, too!)

excellent help! thank you :)

OK, well we're about to change her water for tonight so will get a video of her before I take her out. She's not going to be impressed being syringe fed now that she's feeling better but I'll give it a go!

Thanks for the advice on the guppies, NancyJean. The guppies are now on week 2 of Prazi and Captain Jack Sparrow (the guppy who looked rather unwell) is back to swimming around like normal. Hopefully he stays well! :)

awww, she is feeling a lot better. lets hope she continues to improve. you're doing an awesome job, hun. feel proud of your efforts :bighug

Thank you, I am so hoping she gets through all this and can be moved back into her home tank :)

Thank you, I am so hoping she gets through all this and can be moved back into her home tank :)

:hug

Phoebe is still doing well! :)

How long do I continue with the metronidazole? Just wondering if I should get some more from the vet. I've got about 5 days left I think (and she's already been on it for almost 3 weeks).

i think that we can see the 5 days out, comfortably :) if during this time, she does not relapse, i think we can call her treatment period complete :) you've done an awesome job, hun :heart

Everything crossed for her to stay well then! Once that five days is up is she OK to go back into the main tank? Since she's been moved out two of the guppies have been arguing over who is going to be 'boss' of the tank... they're in for a rude shock LOL

Phoebe is still doing well and my sick looking guppy appears to be back to normal. How should we prepare Phoebe to move back into the main tank as in getting her used to the different water etc? Also how do I prepare that food you sent me so that I can try them all on that now that medication is over in a couple of days? :)

OK, before you move anyone around. can you quickly brief me on how many days she's been on the Metronidazole, and if i recall. we did a few prazi rounds? how many?

can you test the main tank for

Ammonia:

Nitrites:

NitrAtes:

PH:

Temperature:

QT:

PH:

Temperature:

This was a bit of a stressful thread to read, I am amazed at how well you were able to heal your lovely little fish. Love those happy endings!!!

I have been watching this thread and you and Helen are doing such a good job to help little Phoebe. I wish you the best of luck and you and your fish are in good hands with Helen :)

Thanks so much for the support everyone :)

I am intending on getting one of those API master kits tomorrow that has tests for all those sorts of things, as I'm concerned the one I have now is too old to give an accurate reading (and I've run out of strips). I wont be moving anybody about until it's all sorted, don't worry :D

I'll buy the kit tomorrow and test the tanks and post results up.

As an aside, Phoebe has developed some black marks on her tail... almost like it's burnt! The QT has always been very clean so I am not sure what it could be. It popped up yesterday and is still there today, only on her tail, nowhere else. She's still swimming about and eating happily :)

that's awesome that you can buy the water testing kit tomorrow :)

can you post photos of the black marks on her tail?

ok, there would have been some ammonia present for a little while at some stage either in the main tank or during the QT period. so the bad news is that Phoebe suffered ammonia burns. the good news is that black is a sign of healing from those ammonia burns :) so, we're on the right track :) it may have been whilst she was rejecting food and it could have been sitting in the tank a little too long, that as well as her own waste would have added up.. not saying this is the actual case, but a good possibility. i would not be concerned at all. she's on the right track for getting out of QT in the near future :)

Well that's good news that it's healing from something old and not something new! Like we needed anything else to deal with LOL

I wouldn't be surprised if it was from the main tank as that is where I saw the ammonia spike initially and I have seen similar on the guppies in the last few days but had put theirs down to colour changing... but this makes a lot more sense now :)