Kokos Goldfish Forum
tarannosaurus

Puffy tissue around eyes and swollen abdomen

It can change weekly for all you know. Who says they haven't corrected the problem already. Check the pH, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate directly from your tap again. My pH changes so much I always have to check it.

Okay my boyfriend says she is barely eating. He tried the garlic thing but she's not eating anywhere near enough MMs. Today he told me she is very floaty and bloated. She is in a vertical position.

I told him to do a water change. What else can we do?

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u613/tarannosaurus/Mobile%20Uploads/20140715_175359_zps27ef46ca.jpg

Edited by tarannosaurus

The eyes look so much better but the swelling seems to be getting worse. She doesn't look pineconed to me.

Guys... This doesn't look good. He says she's very fidgety and spazzing. She can't get out of that vertical position. :(

Guys... This doesn't look good. He says she's very fidgety and spazzing. She can't get out of that vertical position. :(

Since she isn't accepting the Metro Meds anymore, you could try Metronidazole powder and Kanaplex (or Tri-Sulpha) powder in the water. This would basically be a water borne version of Metro Meds. Keep the Epsom Salt in there, too.

Edited by jmetzger72

I can get that at any lfs?

I haven't seen Metronidazole at Petco or Petsmart. But, the independent stores here carry the Seachem Metro and Kanaplex as well as the API powders. Petsmart might have the Tri-Sulpha :idont

I'm sorry your fish isn't doing good at this time.

Giving you some moral support right now. (come on beautiful. get better)

:hug

I've never seen these medications anywhere except online, but local stores vary a lot. I would call the stores to check before driving out. I bought mine at petmountain.com and it arrived in 3 days.

Hello, how are things? May we have an update, with pics or a video if possible? Thank you! :hug