Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Walker

Bubble eyes/celestials in the UK

Hi

I am trying to locate some decent quality fish of the above types in the UK.

I don't want to order online and ideally would like to not have to drive more than 50 miles so it's a big ask!

I live in the West Midlands.

Any ideas?

ive got 2 of each,but good ones are hard to get,our local shops get them in now and again,but most are rubbish quality,odd eyes or bubbles are different sizes etc

ive got 2 of each,but good ones are hard to get,our local shops get them in now and again,but most are rubbish quality,odd eyes or bubbles are different sizes etc

It's the same where I live in the U.S. :) I read an article awhile back about bubble eyes' popularity in the UK. It seems either the article was exaggerating or they are SO popular that people are snatching them up before they arrive at the shops!

I think it has to do with the fact that these varieties (particularly bubble eyes) are harder to breed true, so when a good one does come around it fetches a higher price and therefore wouldn't be sold in a pet shop. But of course, there are always exceptions! I found a great bubble eye a few years back at an LFS, on the thin side but with decent- and equal-sized bubbles. But it took a lot of asking around at local shops to find out when they would be getting in shipments, and then waiting. :)

yes i agree,ive got mine from our local back street shops,not the main fish shops as you would think

ive just got 2 more little celestials :thumbup2: