Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MK_12

Water temperature

Hey all! Hope this post is in the right forum. Anyway, since I've recently moved, my water temperature has been a steady 78 degrees F. Is this OK?? Even when I make water changes the temperature is between 75 and 78 F. Where I live all sumer long will be between 95-105 F. I'm worried this is too hot for my goldfish... :blink:. If this is too hot for my dear goldies what can/should I be doing to bring down the temp? Thanks in advance :D

Hey all! Hope this post is in the right forum. Anyway, since I've recently moved, my water temperature has been a steady 78 degrees F. Is this OK?? Even when I make water changes the temperature is between 75 and 78 F. Where I live all sumer long will be between 95-105 F. I'm worried this is too hot for my goldfish... :blink:. If this is too hot for my dear goldies what can/should I be doing to bring down the temp? Thanks in advance :D

A stable temp of 78 is perfectly fine. Goldfish can live quite well in a very large range of temperatures, provided that it's consistent/stable. In my own systems, during the winter months, the ambient temp of the house gets to be around 70. So, the tanks get to that temp. During the summer, it's about 77.

Just make sure that when you do your water changes, the temp of the tank doesn't deviate within a range of 3 degrees. :)

A stable temp of 78 is perfectly fine. Goldfish can live quite well in a very large range of temperatures, provided that it's consistent/stable. In my own systems, during the winter months, the ambient temp of the house gets to be around 70. So, the tanks get to that temp. During the summer, it's about 77.

Just make sure that when you do your water changes, the temp of the tank doesn't deviate within a range of 3 degrees. :)

OK thanks so much! I was getting pretty worried there lol