Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
itsumo

rehoming of fancy goldfish.. any suggestions?

15 posts in this topic

I am trying to find an experienced home for my three goldfish who are 4-5 years old - I will be moving to Australia this autumn. They are approx 3" long (excluding tail and fins); one oranda, one ryukin and one black moor (although he changed colour to orange a few years ago).

The oranda is perfectly healthy, the black moor has a growth on the base of his tail, which has not enlarged in size over the past 2 years, and does not trouble him. He is unfortunately blind but can find food without problem as long as he is fed in the same place each time. The ryukin had problems with bloat last year, after months of hand feeding with peas that now settled but he still has some issues with his swim bladder and cannot float very well, although he can swim (along the bottom of tank) and find his food without problems.

With the goldfish will come (if wanted) a 240 litre fluval tank with cabinet, as well as a 120 litre fluval tank with cabinet, a smaller 10 litre quarantine tank, three fluval external pumps (305 and 205 plus one 305 that needs a new seal), as well as other accessories such as water heater, plastic plants, air pumps, travel containers and portable air pumps etc.

I am desperate to find a good home for these fish with someone who is experienced with goldfish and will take proper care of them. I am based in Chester but can travel (although tanks would have trouble fitting into my car).

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Could you post pictures of the fish?

I wish I lived closer, hope you find a good home :)

Hope you find a good home.

Best of luck in finding a new home for your fish, amd of course, your relocation! How exciting! :)

I hope you find a great home!

Best of luck finding them a home! Where in Australia are you moving to? :)

I'm moving to Cairns, Queensland!

Will you be keeping goldfish in Australia?? The fish look beautiful really wished i lived closer :(

Try to look up local fish clubs or similar, they may be able to help you!

If your LFS allows you to, put up ads with your phone number that you need to rehome the fish. Just don't say it's free, so you won't get someone who just wants to sport a free tank and then hands the fish over to his five year old niece.

I'm moving to Cairns, Queensland!

Cairns has some very pretty rainforest. I hope you have a trouble free relocation. Best of luck. :)

I'm sorry for you having to rehome your fish. They are beautiful. Love your yellowhead oranda. I hope you are able to find them a very nice home soon.

:( I hope you find them great homes :hug