Sign in to follow this  
Kat_M

Garlic Power - Brightwell Aquatics

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I was wondering if any of you tried Garlic Power from Brightwell Aquatics. Its a a garlic extract with some vit C,and apparently it can be added to food (I was planning to add some to Repashy)

Sorry Kat I've never used it!! but I would think they would love it!!:-)

Hi guys! I was wondering if any of you tried Garlic Power from Brightwell Aquatics. Its a a garlic extract with some vit C,and apparently it can be added to food (I was planning to add some to Repashy)

What all is in it, Kat?

In general, adding garlic to the foods is not a bad idea. It will at the very least be a powerful attractant for the fish, and can even help with its antimicrobial properties. :)

http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/garlicpowert.php

Apparently it contains garlic and ascorbic acid. It has been market as a supplement for marine and reef fish so I got in touch with manufacturers and they said that it is good for all fish.

Although we do not have any issues with appetite, I thought it would be nice to add it to Repashy. They used to have NLS Thera + with garlic (the smallest size) but I have noticed that 2 of my fish can no longer tolerate it. So it looks like that pellets will be out of menu.

Sounds like a good plan. :)

I add garlic powder to Repashy. I buy a good quality brand, just garlic no additives. The fish gobble their Repashy right up.

I hope they will like it :) My fish can be divas. I had to treat 3 of them with Metro-Meds and I noticed that one fish (Fifi) would not touch them unless they were pre-soaked in garlic; second fish (Thea) was opposite, she liked them plain; third fish (Chloe) could care less - she just wanted her food! :D

Sounds like an interesting product, but I don't think the vitamin C in it is "worth" anything thought. It states there is a small amount of ascorbic acid as preservative, probably similar to when you buy minced garlic in jars at the grocery store. It does not provide much vitamin C at all.

I wonder if it wasn't much cheaper to simply add garlic powder or fresh crushed garlic to the gel food instead? When I read the instructions and guidelines on that page I also think that it would be much easier to do. I just add a bit of garlic powder to my gel food.

Of course, the product is designed for marine and reef fish who are probably much pickier eaters than our little pigs, so I am not saying it is a bad product. I just don't think that it is needed with goldfish who will already try to eat pretty much anything that falls into their tanks :idont