Kokos Goldfish Forum
HomerJay

OMG babies!

They are adorable!! You are doing great job with them, Rob :)

Thanks Kat!

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh I love the button eyes!! :nana

I think Erin had a few with dorsals like that. :D

They look great Rob.

Those ones with the black button eyes are my favorite.

Adorbs! :heart

Oh I see what you are saying! I've seen fish like that. It's kinda really cute, and the fish don't seem to be bothered by it. "Shark" is a good description for their looks.

:hi Mom You have beautiful children. :teehee

Good growth!

Wow, they look great!!

Wow, they look great!!

Thanks, there is 2 that aren't growing much. Not sure what's going on with them. There is plenty of food in there for them when I add it. I've seen them eating and they get bellies, they just aren't growing that quickly.

late bloomers? :rofl

they look great! :)

Hopefully not so late that they become lunch :feedme

They are looking great, Rob!!! I guess it's normal that there are differences is their sizes. In the batch I had last year I had couple of giants, and a couple of tiny ones, and the rest was average size. Due to disease outbreak I lost majority of them, except for 5. The smallest one, Rambo, survived 7 year. The other ones are still with me but there is a great difference in their sizes with Dixie being 3 times smaller than Bandit :D

:hi Rob! Glad to see the fry are doing so well! What's the latest? I love to see the metallics and the nacrecous together. The point at which I could tell mine apart and follow them individually to see how they were progressing was the most fun…and of course…then you can name them! Which I'm sure Lisa has already put in her request! :rofl

The size discrepancy is common from what I've read. There is a theory that by feeding live food that the size discrepancy is minimized because the food stays around for much longer giving the small ones a chance to get their fill. However, I don't think in general that there is any harm to having size discrepancies and it's bound to happen…but like you said…you may have to separate them into two groups soon. :)

:hi Rob! Glad to see the fry are doing so well! What's the latest? I love to see the metallics and the nacrecous together. The point at which I could tell mine apart and follow them individually to see how they were progressing was the most fun…and of course…then you can name them! Which I'm sure Lisa has already put in her request! :rofl

The size discrepancy is common from what I've read. There is a theory that by feeding live food that the size discrepancy is minimized because the food stays around for much longer giving the small ones a chance to get their fill. However, I don't think in general that there is any harm to having size discrepancies and it's bound to happen…but like you said…you may have to separate them into two groups soon. :)

They are all doing great at the moment. I need to take some new pics. They all seem like they doubled in size this week. I definitely can tell them apart now. I will see if i can update after i do the water change today.

How do you stand the cuteness, I ask you?

:thud

OK, since it's bee sooooo long since you updated :rofl please remind me who the parents are. Do I see some chus in there? And which one are you naming after me? :rofl Lisa is also a Simpson ya know. :lol2

:thud

OK, since it's bee sooooo long since you updated :rofl please remind me who the parents are. Do I see some chus in there? And which one are you naming after me? :rofl Lisa is also a Simpson ya know. :lol2

Ok, so the mother is a chu (Jackie in my sig) The father could be my lionhead (Romeo) or my tele(Orbison), possibly both. They were both chasing her. I have to wait to see how they develop I guess to see who takes after who. I am currently trying to figure out who to keep and who to rehome and I'll name the ones I keep at that point. You may have to convince my daughters to name one Lisa. They do most of the naming.

How do you stand the cuteness, I ask you?

I have trouble, that's why their bellies look like that :D

The cuteness!! Cannot. Resist. The cuteness!

Omg!!!! :krazy:

Exciting! :heart

Well, I knew I would screw something up. Cleaning the fry tank in the sink last night and it slipped and cracked. The babies had to go in the 40. The slower and blind adult fish are in there, so hopefully they will be OK. They all made it overnight. Fingers crossed