Kokos Goldfish Forum
HomerJay

OMG babies!

Pics. :wa

I'll have to see if I can get their pics. I moved them to a 5G tank and they are hard to find since I moved some plants in with them.

Pics. :wa

I'll have to see if I can get their pics. I moved them to a 5G tank and they are hard to find since I moved some plants in with them.

I had one in a 10 gallon. No excuses. I want pics. :o

:rofl3

We want pics ! We want pics ! :teehee

Look at those bellies!! :Scoff:

They are looking great! How many do you have now? :hmm

:heart THANK YOU!!!!

:rofl

And how old are they? Almost a week now, right?

Look at those bellies!! :Scoff:

They are looking great! How many do you have now? :hmm

:heart THANK YOU!!!!

:rofl

And how old are they? Almost a week now, right?

I have 4 from the first batch and took out 4 from the second batch yesterday, so 8 total. I think the ones in the pictures are going on a week old tomorrow. The others hatched yesterday.

I'm surprised that any made it from the second batch. They ate the eggs up pretty quickly. I couldn't take watching it happen, so that is why I have everyone separated now. :no:

I want to see them grow up into big fat chubby goldfish :D

They look great! Getting good pics is so hard. For me, it probably didn't help that I was using an iPhone. Those little stinkers move fast…and the bigger they get the faster they go.

They grow up so quickly! Keep that camera at the ready!

I know. I hope they start to look a little stronger soon. I am in a panic that I am going to kill them all :scared

I know. I hope they start to look a little stronger soon. I am in a panic that I am going to kill them all :scared

Don't worry Jay, you can do it. Even though I don't have ay experience in keeping fry but I think you just need to avoid putting anything that can harm them in the tank, water quality and food and environment condition and that should be ok. Best of luck

Awww look at their full little bellies!

The best thing is not to panic. All you can do, and all it takes, is to keep their water clean and their bellies filled. They will soon start nibbling on algae as well, which is great for them to have as a 24/7 food source, so even if you are out of the house and unable to feed them, they will have algae to eat.

What diet are they on right now anyway?

I have them on First bites, frozen bbs, and some finely crushed pellets now and then, plus plants with an abundance of algae on them from my main tanks.

too cute :wub:

Sounds good!

Whenever mine hit about the 2 week mark, I would drop a whole pellet in and let it sit there for hours. The fish would occasionally go over to it and nibble on it as it slowly turned mushy. After a few hours I'd just siphon the rest out with a turkey baster. I like that more than crushing pellets, because the bits and pieces of the crushed pellet are more likely to end up spread out over the whole tank/tub and dirty up the water.

Sounds good!

Whenever mine hit about the 2 week mark, I would drop a whole pellet in and let it sit there for hours. The fish would occasionally go over to it and nibble on it as it slowly turned mushy. After a few hours I'd just siphon the rest out with a turkey baster. I like that more than crushing pellets, because the bits and pieces of the crushed pellet are more likely to end up spread out over the whole tank/tub and dirty up the water.

oo! I think I will steal this idea! :D

I can't believe I've just stumbled across this thread, :wa to me. How very exciting, Rob! :D

Edited by dan in aus

Update pics. All 8 still alive. The bigger fry are 2 weeks, the smaller just over a week.

[/url]">http://babies529067_zpse4ff4cf4.jpg

[/url]">http://babies529021_zpsc0a1445a.jpg

[/url]">http://babies529014_zps2199ee22.jpg

[/url]">http://babies529031_zps61c4428d.jpg

such cuteness! congratulations on their progress :heart

Thanks Helen. I thought for sure I would have killed them by now :D

Super cute!! :heart

Love the fat belly!:heart