Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Emilyadams

Eggs, again :)

Babies at 6 weeks.

e3a9ajag.jpg

ru2y5usy.jpg

I'm still keeping them in the sterilite tubs filled all the way up with a sponge filter and air stone as last time I tried to move them into a tank, I lost 44 fish so now I'm a little weary/paranoid/superstitious about moving them again when they are doing so well where they are at. Water changes every other day and feeding 4-5 times a day

Changed the babies water today and decided to weigh them. They're a whopping 3 grams each

Last week when changing the babies water, I decided to move them into my 20 gallon rather than continue on doing the sterilite tubs and having to change the water every 2 days. So far they've been doing great, will update with pictures tomorrow

Well, it's been 7 months since the babies were born. Thought that since I've been spending a little more time on the forum again lately that I'd update this thread.

At 7 months old the babies weigh between 12 and 13 g and are 3.5 inches long from nose to tail!

80bb7e3cddd0efa9f4c39df80f7217ef.jpg

4dc2767d28a7957151af2b634a5011ac.jpg

Also, if anyone has any guesses as to what kind of goldfish these two are, I'd love to hear it. The darker colored one looks like he may be growing a small wen but also looks like he has pom poms. I'm hoping he turns a blue color as I lost my blue oranda shortly after and he was one of my favorites. At the time I had a blue oranda, calico ryukin (female), bronze pom pom oranda, black moor, a couple of red caps, a calico oranda (female) and a calico ranchu (female), 80 gallon was severely overstocked then due to filter issues.

Edited by Emilyadams

Beautiful fish you have there! :)