Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenzaar

Need advice on how much chasing is too much

Don't worry. It is normal for them to find a spot and stick to it for a while after they hatch.They will start swimming when they are ready.

Phew! I figured they'd stick to stuff but I just don't want them to be squashed.

What fun! Congratulations! Picture time....

Pics!! :lisa:

What fun! Congratulations! Picture time....

If you please! :D

20140430_074636.jpg

20140430_074657.jpg

Here's one hanging on the outside. Haha they move around just fine. :teehee

I've found five this morning. :o

:Jig: YAY!! Congrats! This is so exciting! I'm very happy for you granny Jenna :hug

BBS :thumb:

Mom is back to normal? :)

:Jig: YAY!! Congrats! This is so exciting! I'm very happy for you granny Jenna :hug

BBS :thumb:

Thanks Aubrey!!! Sometimes I think maybe it's not a good time, I'll have another chance etc but I can handle it! :nana:heart

When to feed BBC and how much?

Mom is back to normal? :)

Nope...........

She seems better than ever!! :o I guess since she's been in the tank it's been stressful and just plain... full, belly wise. She had been in there only five days before spawning began! :o She is so much more active than I thank I've seen from her. :)

I'm glad Chesty is feeling :happydance

You feed bbs several days after the fry hatch. They eat the yolk sac the first several days. If the fry are free swimming they are ready for bbs :)

But, it takes 12+ hrs to hatch the bbs so you may want to start getting supplies together :idont

Oh crap! They've been swimming! But they have lots of algae filled plants so hopefully they've found where to nom :idont

Oh crap! They've been swimming! But they have lots of algae filled plants so hopefully they've found where to nom :idont

Yes, my fry have the same, but I'd go to the store today. Mine only got bbs for about 10 days :idont

Yes, my fry have the same, but I'd go to the store today. Mine only got bbs for about 10 days :idont
Okay, I will! I'm not sure if my store carries them but I'm sure I can find something, somewhere.

Tammy mentioned to me that I can feed repashy powder, but I only use Super Green so I'm not sure it would do a whole lot of good. Maybe grind some shrimp pellets into it haha. I'll call around and see what I can do :D

And thanks! :teehee

Sure buddy! I feed mine Repashy powder too but I started that after the bbs once they were a bit bigger :idont

Jenna did you notice our new shiny? :lol2

I'd like to try that product that Lisa just posted. Next time . . . :whistle

:rofl

I've been hearing about people successfully using this for their frys: http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Nutrition-402-INSTANT-BRINE/dp/B00176GU32

Yes! I've been thinking about that one! :nana

Ooohh no I haven't seen it! :panana been on Tapatalk! Woo woo yayy!!! :lisa:

I want to try that. Noooottt a good money week, so whatever is cheaper wins the race. :rofl

That's awful, Jenna! Happy fry-ing! :rofl

Haha, I can pick some up tonight! Maybe I was envisioning a usual trip, leaving with bags full of plants in my hands or something. I'll be able to pick some up tonight.

They have live BBS. :o I'm tempted, although, not so much because where do they come from?! But still tempted, because those suckers are a lot of work!

So "our" was not a typo after all! :o :o :o :o :o :o

Spill dem beans!!!!!

Haha, I can pick some up tonight! Maybe I was envisioning a usual trip, leaving with bags full of plants in my hands or something. I'll be able to pick some up tonight.

They have live BBS. :o I'm tempted, although, not so much because where do they come from?! But still tempted, because those suckers are a lot of work!

^^^^^^^ :bingo: about the work and irritation :tantrum

I'd like to try that product that Lisa just posted. Next time . . . :whistle:rofl

Spill dem beans!!!!!

Lisa! Do you have Moore babies :o and you didn't tell us :wa

I'd like to try that product that Lisa just posted. Next time . . . :whistle:rofl

Spill dem beans!!!!!

:rofl. It was a typo. No babies for me at this time. Some day I'll give it a go again but right now it's all too fresh in my memory. Too much work. I've got a lot of other things I need to focus on. :rofl3

I've seen eggs but the boys don't ever so their part. I will refrain from making any further comment. :tomuch:

Spill dem beans!!!!!

:rofl. It was a typo. No babies for me at this time. Some day I'll give it a go again but right now it's all too fresh in my memory. Too much work. I've got a lot of other things I need to focus on. :rofl3

I've seen eggs but the boys don't ever so their part. I will refrain from making any further comment. :tomuch:

:teehee oh phew! I thought you were holding out on us :))

Hey my comment never posted!

I thought it was a typo, but then when I got on the computer I saw you had two breeders medals! :o

So thats when I thought the typo was actually not a typo! :P

The first one was from yeeeeeears ago. :teehee