Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TikiLola

Has/does anyone use Dr. Tim's Ammonium chloride instead of pure Ammonia

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006MP4QG6/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am having trouble finding pure ammonia locally. It might say clear, but when you shake it, it bubbles.

I actually have the Dr. Tim's Ammonium chloride and can start using it immediately with a little guidance. I won't be able to try a few more places for the ammonia until Tuesday or Wed. The tank has been set up since the 17th.

I've used Dr Tim's ammonium chloride Just follow the directions-- I believe one drop per gallon should be around 3ppm. You can check with your test kit.

It's totally fine to use...just expensive. :/

Have you looked at Ace Hardware of Yeager? It's the scentless industrial strength 10% ammonia. There will never be 100% ammonia sold in any store.

Do you think it would be ok to start with the Dr. Tim's Ammonium chloride and switch to regular ammonia when I can get some? I tried getting to Ace yesterday, but they were closed and now I won't be able to get there until the weekend. :wall

I have ammonia :). Stop by this weekend and you can meet all my animals and get the ammonia. :nana

That would be awesome Mikey, but this weekend I think I'm going to be up north. I'm hoping to be back Friday night, but it looks like I might be stuck there until Saturday night or Sunday morning.:( (I hope not)

Do you think it would be ok to start with the Dr. Tim's Ammonium chloride and switch to regular ammonia when I can get some? I tried getting to Ace yesterday, but they were closed and now I won't be able to get there until the weekend. :wall

This is absolutely fine. As long you have an ammonia source. :)

This is absolutely fine. As long you have an ammonia source. :)

Yay! :nana .......now I'm scared to do it! :doh11::blink:

If you already have ammonium chloride, why would you switch to the ammonia solution?

If you already have ammonium chloride, why would you switch to the ammonia solution?

I'll probably run out. :idont

Sorry :) I thought you were starting with a full bottle of Dr Tim's. Carry on, then! :rofl

Sorry :) I thought you were starting with a full bottle of Dr Tim's. Carry on, then! :rofl

I do have a full bottle, but it is only 0.2oz. I already had to use 4 or 5 doses to get the ammonia up to .2pmm :rolleyes:

I had to leave for a day or two so will check it and raise it higher when I get back. (Plus, I'm hoping to get to an Ace hardware while up here) :lol2