KIKhff1.jpg

Opal

HtRH6Np.jpg

Topaz

Phuchi

20150721_074549.jpg

Tattey

daddy_fish.jpg

I love all these pictures! I need to figure out how to take such lovely pictures. Mine turn out all blurry. Even if I try right after I fed them. Little babies never stop swimming! ☺️

Cute pics! My Tovi has the two different colored eyes like Sushi. :)

I'm newer to these forums, but I figured I'd add my little fantails (young though they may be) to this thread. The orange one is much closer to the breed standards, but with some grooming hopefully the calico fills out a bit more, too.

IMG_3357_zpsrdo8oulm.jpg

Those breeding stars... he's lookin' like such a stud, isn't he?

IMG_2568_zpsfny4nqn6.jpg

A better side view of the orange :)

IMG_2779_zpsn8upfxwb.jpg

A close-up of the calico (very rare) ^.^

IMG_3140_zps2unngyvk.jpg

The calico really makes it hard for me to get a good photo of him, he just zooms around the tank every time I bring out my camera...

IMG_2330_zpsco7fneqp.jpg

Here's a little top view of them from when I did a huge water change and weighed them a while ago.

Hope y'all enjoyed!

:)

I'm newer to these forums, but I figured I'd add my little fantails (young though they may be) to this thread. The orange one is much closer to the breed standards, but with some grooming hopefully the calico fills out a bit more, too.

IMG_3357_zpsrdo8oulm.jpg

Great photo!

IMG_3357_zpsrdo8oulm.jpg

IMG_2568_zpsfny4nqn6.jpg

A better side view of the orange :)

IMG_2779_zpsn8upfxwb.jpg

A close-up of the calico (very rare) ^.^

IMG_3140_zps2unngyvk.jpg

The calico really makes it hard for me to get a good photo of him, he just zooms around the tank every time I bring out my camera...

IMG_2330_zpsco7fneqp.jpg

Here's a little top view of them from when I did a huge water change and weighed them a while ago.

Hope y'all enjoyed!

:)

wow grat shots POTW I can see :teehee

If you ever need to Re home that calico remember me. He is just stunning.

Not that I hope you ever have too. I hope he has a wonderful long life with you. Well I wish that for both of them.

Not that I hope you ever have too. I hope he has a wonderful long life with you. Well I wish that for both of them.

pulling the old Ill take your fish :wa:lol

Haha, I love him so dearly, I don't think I could part with either of them, to be honest. They're humble little fishies, but they've got such amazingly big personalities! And I am absolutely in love with my calico's colors, too, although I was really just trying to pick out the two healthiest, most proportionally correct fish that I could when I bought them. :)

Hard to get a good photo of mine.. I'm not sure if she's pure fantail or a ryukin x fantail.  My husband named the oranda (dark one in the photos) Chocolate, so I named the fantail Sprinkles to go with the treat theme..

015_zpsrfkwhuha.jpg

006_zpsmfpumh8z.jpg

*ninja nibble*

012_zpsordbgz1z.jpg

070.jpg

052.jpg

This is little Patiska fantail. Patiska is a boy fishy. I've had him since... April or May and he's still just 13 grams. He got very sickle shortly after I got him and stopped eating and everything and it took MUCH EFFORT for him to recover but he did. He's in a pond so hard to see him from the top but he's on the left of the photo.

Callisto (calico fish in middle of photo) is technically a fantail, too... But he doesn't resemble one I've ever seen and IMO resembles some kind of wonky Wakin cross.

post-25299-0-24255800-1479730075_thumb.j

post-25299-0-76885000-1479730237_thumb.j

Valentin

87cbd1f26f743f42e94e47a78bdddbc2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Valentin is NO fantail. He is 100% a Ryukin.

Valentin is NO fantail. He is 100% a Ryukin.

Really. This shows how much of a goldfish noob I am. Former owner told me he was a mutt, a cross between a ryukin and a fantail.

Ryukins are my absolute favorite breed. With his back hump, the way his face is shaped, and that extremely short peduncle, he's definitely a Ryukin. Add in that he's red and white, he's 110% a Ryukin. That color combo is UNCOMMON in fantails, but very common and stable in Ryukins. Long finnage like his isn't usually preferred on Ryukins and is less common, which may be why they thought fantail, as well as the fantail being the Ryukins sister breed (close in standard). I'm a fish noob, but I know a Ryukin when I see one, and he's a nice one.

Thanks for the info MJ. I was doing extensive research on side view ranchus and have no ideas about ryukins prior to acquiring him with the tank. I don't regret getting him because I love seing his big body and flowing tail everyday.

Yup I would say that is more of a Ryukin than a Fantail :thumbs: Look at that hump