Sign in to follow this  
Tuba Toothpaste

How to dose Prazi?

8 posts in this topic

So my last batch of fry all died around 2 weeks of age....I don't know if it was related to flukes or not, but now that this batch is 1 week old I want to start them on prazi just in case. (This batch does seem a lot stronger than the last ones.)

I have the liquid prazi, since I couldn't find the powdered kind anywhere. So my question is, how do I dose the prazi? I do partial water changes every day, so won't that take the medicine out? If so, then how much do I need to put back in? And how often do I need to dose them? Do I want to give them a regular dose even though they're still so small?

Also, I don't have any kind of filter in the tank at the moment. Do I need a filter to treat them with prazi?

So my last batch of fry all died around 2 weeks of age....I don't know if it was related to flukes or not, but now that this batch is 1 week old I want to start them on prazi just in case. (This batch does seem a lot stronger than the last ones.)

I have the liquid prazi, since I couldn't find the powdered kind anywhere. So my question is, how do I dose the prazi? I do partial water changes every day, so won't that take the medicine out? If so, then how much do I need to put back in? And how often do I need to dose them? Do I want to give them a regular dose even though they're still so small?

Also, I don't have any kind of filter in the tank at the moment. Do I need a filter to treat them with prazi?

If you remove 50% of the water each day, then replace 1/2 the dose of Prazi. I would do this for 4 days. On day 5, do a water change and don't add any Prazi. Then I would wait until day 9 or 10 to do a second round. You do not need a filter.

If you remove 50% of the water each day, then replace 1/2 the dose of Prazi. I would do this for 4 days. On day 5, do a water change and don't add any Prazi. Then I would wait until day 9 or 10 to do a second round. You do not need a filter.
Ok thanks!

How many rounds do you think I should do total?

Ok thanks!

How many rounds do you think I should do total?

You need to do at least two in order to kill any hatching eggs or larvae that emerge from the dead adults. That is why it is important to have a day or two in between rounds without Prazi in the water. This is when the young emerge. Then you zap them with the second dose. However, most people do 4-6 rounds to be sure because Flukes are hard to eliminate entirely. I would see how the fry do with two rounds. If they fare well, do two more.

Edited by jmetzger72

Thanks!

Oh and this might be a stupid question, but prazi doesn't kill BBS does it? o;

Thanks!

Oh and this might be a stupid question, but prazi doesn't kill BBS does it? o;

Nope:)

I did the first round with Waldo at 1 week (4 days of prazi) then waited about 10-14 days and did another round. Then I did the third round another month or so after that. That's all I've done so far. He is now in the main tank so unless I start seeing signs from anyone, I will do another round according to regularly scheduled praziing. :rofl3

I did the first round with Waldo at 1 week (4 days of prazi) then waited about 10-14 days and did another round. Then I did the third round another month or so after that. That's all I've done so far. He is now in the main tank so unless I start seeing signs from anyone, I will do another round according to regularly scheduled praziing. :rofl3

Ok thanks! I think that's what I'll do. :)