Kokos Goldfish Forum
Tuba Toothpaste

Orandakins update!

omg your fry look amazing sarah !!! (like actual fish !! lol loving the tail :heart )

and yayyyyyy for the new babies !!! :wub:

idk if you can keep them together or not.... i'd be afraid that the older ones would eat them lol

i'm sure someone more knowledgable will let you know :D

Yeah like I would think I'd have to wait at least a couple of months or so?

The fish grow at different rates, hence the size differences.

No, I personally wouldn't add the old and new fry together because they have a chance of getting eaten. The size difference should soon be very noticeable. I've seen too many cannibal instances to think it would be a good idea.

Congrats on the second batch!

Congrats on all the babies! They look so cute :)

The orandakins are 3 weeks old today! A new video is coming. ;D

In other news, the goldfish are spawning AGAIN. This is the 5th or 6th time in the past couple of months. Is that unusual? Maybe it's because it's because Hodor is so young (she was a baby when I got her in November).

The question is....do I rescue these eggs or do I let them get eaten? On one hand, I already have like 36 fry....on the other hand, BABIES!!

Decisions decisions lol.

Here's the 3 week video!

Here's photos of from week 1, 2, and 3 to show how much they've grown:

E0ZqD14l.jpg

NZIFwfSl.jpg

HWfuSzJl.jpg

It's not at all unusual. I've seen fish spawn once, and fish spawn on and off for months. Only keep what you have room for.

They are so cute at that age!

In other news, the goldfish are spawning AGAIN. This is the 5th or 6th time in the past couple of months. Is that unusual? Maybe it's because it's because Hodor is so young (she was a baby when I got her in November).

The question is....do I rescue these eggs or do I let them get eaten? On one hand, I already have like 36 fry....on the other hand, BABIES!!

Do you have a lfs that will take your excess babies and not sell 4 of them with a 10 gallon tank? If so, enjoy raising fry. If not, look the other way as the fish enjoy eggs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Do you have a lfs that will take your excess babies and not sell 4 of them with a 10 gallon tank? If so, enjoy raising fry. If not, look the other way as the fish enjoy eggs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Hmm I'm not sure. I have a few places that I can call and find out. :)

just watched your 3 week update- can't believe how big they've gotten ! soooo cute :heart

just watched your 3 week update- can't believe how big they've gotten ! soooo cute :heart

I know it's so crazy! They look like they've more than doubled in size since last week. O:

they really do ! they are actually 'fish shaped' now :rofl
soooooo cute :heart
can't wait till mine get that big :wub:

they really do ! they are actually 'fish shaped' now :rofl

soooooo cute :heart

can't wait till mine get that big :wub:

It won't be much longer! :D

Wow!! That is some great growth in a week!! Nice job! :nana

They look great.

Soooo it looks like my younger of fry all died overnight. I mean I'm pretty sure they're dead, they're not moving even when I poked them with a stick. That's weird, I wonder what happened?

Maybe it's because I put some more eggs in with them yesterday and maybe they had fungus or something. They bodies don't look fuzzy though.

Luckily my 3 week old babies are all still doing great.

Starting the orandakins on their second round of prazi today. Let's hope they handle it as well this time as they did the first round! c:

The fry will be a month old tomorrow! I can't believe it!

I think I'm going to move them from their 10g tank to a 20g long pretty soon. I'm just hoping the move to a bigger tank won't be too stressful on them. o;

They are getting so big!!!! They look great!!!!

That's awesome! My fry are a few days younger than yours and I'm enjoying reading your updates! Amazing at how quickly they grow. Mine are starting to develop different body shapes. Some are getting nice and round bodies and others are staying long and slender. A mixture of metallic and matte scaled fish is what I'm seeing with mine. Are you starting to see physical differences with yours too?

Keep the updates coming!! :)

We need new pics. :bat:

:rofl3

That's awesome! My fry are a few days younger than yours and I'm enjoying reading your updates! Amazing at how quickly they grow. Mine are starting to develop different body shapes. Some are getting nice and round bodies and others are staying long and slender. A mixture of metallic and matte scaled fish is what I'm seeing with mine. Are you starting to see physical differences with yours too?

Keep the updates coming!! :)

Mine are the same way! I have close to half metallic/half matte. They vary in size and tail shape, and some of the matte ones are starting to get some black patches on them.

Here's a pic of just a few of them!

ims3T4il.jpg

I even have one that is much smaller than the others and doesn't even have a dorsal fin. I decided not to cull him, he's still cute! I named him Tiny Tim. xD

I'm so excited that my babies have made it to 4 weeks without any deaths! I think the first 4 weeks are the roughest? A 4 week video is coming!