Sign in to follow this  
Tuba Toothpaste

Is this fry deformed?

8 posts in this topic

Yes that is a spinal deformity. It's kindest to cull fry who have major deformities as they likely will not survive into adulthood.

I don't think so :no: he should definitely be culled. Let's wait to see what others say before you do it though.

Sniped :P

Edited by Mikey

Yes that is a spinal deformity. It's kindest to cull fry who have major deformities as they likely will not survive into adulthood.

Aww that makes me sad. :(

What's the best way to cull him? o;

I think the most humane way is to use clove oil, like you would a large fish. It wouldn't take much for just one fry. If you have a lot of fry it's best to check all for deformities and round up a cull batch to save on clove oil; that's what I do at least.

I think the most humane way is to use clove oil, like you would a large fish. It wouldn't take much for just one fry. If you have a lot of fry it's best to check all for deformities and round up a cull batch to save on clove oil; that's what I do at least.
Ok. It would probably be good to have clove oil on hand anyway, just in case....

I haven't noticed any deformities in the others yet, but they're all still less than a week old. Maybe I'll wait a bit and see if I notice anything?

Do you think I'd be able to find clove oil at a pharmacy or something, or will I have to order it online?

I bought mine at CVS (i don't know if you guys have them down south?) but I'd imagine any pharmacy would do. I had to ask for mine and they had it behind the counter where you pick up prescriptions. GNC or other health stores should carry it as well because it's commonly used to relieve tooth aches, but my local GNC was out of it last time I needed some.

I bought mine at CVS (i don't know if you guys have them down south?) but I'd imagine any pharmacy would do. I had to ask for mine and they had it behind the counter where you pick up prescriptions. GNC or other health stores should carry it as well because it's commonly used to relieve tooth aches, but my local GNC was out of it last time I needed some.

Yup there's a CVS close to my house, as well as a GNC. I'll check at those places first. Thanks!