Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat99

Fry update

She is a gorgeous little girl!!!!!

Ella Rae is a cutie and quite the fashion queen!

Cograts on the pool. If you need help setting it up let me know. Would have come over to see your fry set up today but had a 4 year olds party at my house this afternoon.

Just read through this thread. WOW! The whole thing is very impressive! Can't wait to see the pool set up.

Ella is a doll! She looks about the age of my granddaughter. :)

Cograts on the pool. If you need help setting it up let me know. Would have come over to see your fry set up today but had a 4 year olds party at my house this afternoon.

Thanks Michael. It's not supposed to be too hard to set up. I hope the party went well.

Just read through this thread. WOW! The whole thing is very impressive! Can't wait to see the pool set up.

Ella is a doll! She looks about the age of my granddaughter. :)

Thanks. I'm having a blast raising all these babies. Ella is 11 months old and she's terrific. She's so much fun and she's real blessing to our family.

Here are a few pics that have been on my camera for a while. I'm gonna try to get some new ones today or tomorrow.

item.JPG?rot=1

These are the ones I've kind of separated out as the ones I'm most likely to keep.

item.JPG?rot=1

This group is in the other 30 gallon tank. They are my "maybe" fish.

item.JPG?rot=1

And this group in the 75 are the ones I'm planning to release in the pond.

So how is the next batch from Shub coming?

DISREGARD QUESTION!!!

I just saw your post about the shubunkins AND Shub was the daddy of the last batch not the shubunkin batch.

:rofl to many fish! :rofl

Edited by Fluffy

Some videos from yesterday.

They look great. You still have quite a few.

They look great. You still have quite a few.

Thanks. I think we've established that culling is NOT my strong suit. :D

Holy cow that's a fantastic amount of fry!!! They all look so great too! Congrats on your skills :D I wouldn't be able to cull either!

I love the olive colored babies in group 2. I can imagine the attention you gave to the culling process.

I had hoped to have my swimming pool set up by now but it never showed up. Right now I'm in a catch-22 situation between WalMart and UPS on where it is and why it was never delivered. The fish are still doing great, it's really cool watching them school. They will follow me from one end of the tank to the other looking to see if I'm gonna feed them. Every time I walk past their tank, If I look back there is a trail of little goldfish following me.

:clapping: They are so cute!!!

And I can't believe you never got the pool. :o. I hope they get it sorted out soon!

Funny, but I don't think my wife would agree with you guys about it being amazing. :D

:lol: Just tell her we all think so. :thumbs: No wonder you're the LABrat.

Looks like you changed the definition of culling to the one most people use for collecting :)

They are such cheerful fish, It makes me smile watching them :D

The pool came today! Between me being sick and UPS losing the first pool, I'm about two weeks behind where I'd like to be on getting the baby goldfish outside for the Summer. But with any luck at all, I hope to get it set up on Wednesday. Pics to come soon...

Good Luck!

The pool/pond is a reality! I finished filling it this afternoon, started the pump and dosed it with Prime. After an hour of letting the Prime circulate, I added a scoop of fish from the 75gal tank and watched them. They seem to be doing fine. It's so cool watching them swim around the pool in a little school. I've wanted a pond pretty much since I first began keeping goldfish so I'm pretty excited about this setup and hoping it works out ok. If these guys make it through the weekend okay, I'll add more fish Sunday evening or Monday.

Pictures please!

Pictures please!

I took some pictures while I was setting the pool up, I'll post them as soon as I can.

So they made it through the first night in the pool just fine. When I got up this morning I went and checked on them right away and they were all just cruising around the pool. I fed them and they found the food pretty quickly; under a minute. I was a little worried that in a swimming pool I might drop food in and they never find it but it looks like that won't be an issue.

Looking forward to the picturess

Alright, here's some pics of the growout pool/pond. I still have some work to do on it but it has been running for a week now and other than turning BRIGHT green with algae it's been pretty uneventful so far.

Here's what I started with.

xx4gj.jpg

The 10'x30" pool was $99 including a pump, a 12'x24' tarp, some landscape timbers for a border, and cut-up rebar to anchor the landscape timbers with.

This is the spot I picked out to place the pool.

88i8.jpg

These are the contents of the box the pool came in.

9ick.jpg

Pump, liner, hoses, fittings, and metal pool frame.

Here is the tarp laid out and doubled over itself to give me a 12'x12' area for the pool to go in.

bovt2.jpg

And here it is with the pool liner in place.

4kzw.jpg

I've got the metal bars for the top rail in place too.

Here it is with the frame finished.

acm9.jpg

Another view of it after getting it set up.

60bx.jpg

I didn't get any shots of filling it but here it is today. It turned green very rapidly on Monday - it took about 6 hours to go from being slightly hazy to full on algae bloom.

i0gqo.jpg

Right now I've got about 2 dozen fish in it; they all seem to be doing fine so far. The air mattress is just for what shade it provides and to give the fish something to hide under. I've still got a lot of stuff that I want to do to it, but between this Summer cold I can't shake and the heat it's slow going!

Edited by LabRat99