Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Emilyadams

Prazi and fry?

8 posts in this topic

What is the recommended dose and age for prazi with goldfish fry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usual dosage. I started at 1 week. I would do it around week 1 or 2. :D

Good to know! I'm gonna need to do this too now :thud

Also want to add, a breeder I spoke to prefers to we the powdered prazi with fry because they feel that prazi pro makes it too hard for little fry to breathe in since you can't do as heavy aeration with the little babies. Other members here I think have had success with the liquid type too, but I followed the breeders advice and used the powder.

I tried to find the powder and had no luck. Where do you get yours?

The dose is (with the liquid) 1/8 tsp/2.5 gallons. I use the same schedule Alex made in the treatment section. I start at one week old. Some start at 2 weeks old.

A trick I learned that saved me HOURS every day: if you have a cermaic ashtray, or something shallow and heavy that is safe for aquariums this works well. Put it in at mealtime and put the food in it. The shallower the container, the better (so the fry can find it). Then when they are done, airline siphon out the food and remove the container. That way you aren't stuck vacuuming the whole tank and scraping gunk off the bottom every day...with a tiny airline:)

Good luck with your fry!

A trick I learned that saved me HOURS every day: if you have a cermaic ashtray, or something shallow and heavy that is safe for aquariums this works well. Put it in at mealtime and put the food in it. The shallower the container, the better (so the fry can find it). Then when they are done, airline siphon out the food and remove the container. That way you aren't stuck vacuuming the whole tank and scraping gunk off the bottom every day...with a tiny airline:)

Good luck with your fry!

Genius advice! :thumb:

I get my powdered prazi At goldfishconnection.com Sometimes you can find it at an LFS that carries pond supplies but then it is usually a large and pricey amount.

Good luck with your fry!

Genius advice! :thumb:

I need some of your genius advice. I'll PM you:)