Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
goldiegeek

So weird

Hi Guys,

Was just checking out one of my tanks. Apparently three fish in one tank are all turning yellow. There is a lemonhead, who was obviously yellow to begin with. The other two are a red cap oranda and a blue oranda. Can the light cause this? It's so weird. :idont

What are you feeding?

What are you feeding?

New Life Spectrum pellets, Repashy, bloodworms and veggies.

The repashy may be part of your cause. Are you feeding a lot of green veggies too? Sometimes foods high in 'green' can cause this. Are there any other whites or blues in any other of your tanks?

The repashy may be part of your cause. Are you feeding a lot of green veggies too? Sometimes foods high in 'green' can cause this. Are there any other whites or blues in any other of your tanks?

Omg Chelsea. All of my fish who have any white are turning yellow. My ranchus have yellow chins, my ryukin has yellow at the base of her tail fin, my bronze fantail has it on her tummy. What the heck? This better not be mass liver failure. lol

Omg Chelsea. All of my fish who have any white are turning yellow. My ranchus have yellow chins, my ryukin has yellow at the base of her tail fin, my bronze fantail has it on her tummy. What the heck? This better not be mass liver failure. lol

Three separate tanks

It's just coloring from the foods you feed. It's harmless and nothing to worry about. ;)

It's likely the repashy. It tends to do that, and will go away if you choose to stop feeding it.

NLS will do it as well! My fish actually became much more yellow when i started feeding NLS.

Okay, no one is dying. Thanks Guys! Right now they are getting a lot more NLS than usual. I have two rescues in qt and one tank being medicated, so the water changes are endless, sadly my time isn't. lol

I have to say, my blue oranda looks awesome! It's like purpley grey bursting out of the yellow. I should get a pic.

Horrible pics but you can see the yellow. hydu6aje.jpg[

y3azarub.jpg

jumaqaje.jpg[

u7atada4.jpg[

hu4eju7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That same sort of coloring is on my fish, most likely as a result of the Repashy I feed. It's perfectly normal. I think it looks pretty cool!

NLS will do it as well! My fish actually became much more yellow when i started feeding NLS.

I noticed this too. Within a week of introducing NLS pellets the fish that were natural carp color (Metalic olive) turned orange-gold. The Repashy tends to turn the whites a yellowish cream.

Edited by mysterygirl

NLS will definitely turn your fish yellow. The NLS actually works better than repashy for yellow coloring. I happen to be a big fan of thi effect myself :P If you stop feeding it will gradually fade.

I don't mind because my fish grow like weeds on NLS. It could turn them green and I wouldn't care!

I need to feed Waldo more NLS. :o

:rofl

:rofl That explains a lot too. I have fish that are pretty much all colored so they don't do much changing on NLS. Maybe I will keep feeding it to keep Valentino yellow!

Pond fish who eat a lot of algae get the same yellowing of white. It starts at the head and at the base of the fins. I have one white fantail who is turning pale yellow all over. It's beautiful.

My blue guy has the blue bursting out of the yellow. Mama likey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jenny of the Solid Gold blog did a photo comparison of one of her teles showing the food promoted change in color. I thought it was interesting but a small price to pay for feeding them such healthy food! My commons have been getting more orange now that I have been leaving the curtains open more. I think it is sort of like them having a sun tan!

I was afraid the salt in QT was making Gumdrop paler, getting yellow, but it must be the NLS! Good to know!

Geez, when I googled it, all I could find was liver failure. I nearly had a heart attack.