Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
number20121

Possibly the worst Craigslist deal ever

I'm thinking it was meant to be $120? :idont

That's too expensive. I think they made a mistake.

I've seen lots of ads similar to this in my perpetual eye out for tank upgrades. I recently contacted the poster of an ad for a 55g tank who didn't list the price. He told me he was looking for $5320, the stand would be extra!

I've also got a wanted ad online. In it I've listed what I am looking for and how much I am willing to pay. My 'willing to pay up to X depending on condition' is 75% of the brand new price in store. I can't even begin to tell you how many e-mails I've received telling me I'm trying to rip people off and I need to be more reasonable in what I'm willing to pay. I'm not sure where people are buying their new tanks and how much they're paying and/or why they think they can make a profit on a used tank, but this seems to be a widespread phenomenon.

Wow. I sold a 46-gallon bow front with all the decorations, stand, fancy plant lights, heater, filter, fish, food, meds, air pump, and plants for $350. Clearly I should have asked for more like $8000. :rofl

Haha there's on way he spent anywhere near that much on the tank when it was new. Good luck with that.

I finally sold my 55 gal for $20, I listed it for that because I knew DPG at petco was about to happen. People thought it was crazy low and that there must have been something wrong with it! There were other 55s for sale around $250 lol.

I want to buy that system, for that much!

Now I have to go find a sug...I mean benefactor to fund this tank. I'm sure it's made out of rare minerals and crystals! :tomuch:

People are delusional. :rolleyes:

I'm interested in hearing whether this price was correct or not!

I scored so hard core on a craigslist ad.

2x coralife double strip lights
2x glass lids for the 72 gallon tank,
1x bubble wand
1x fresh water master kit
1x bottle of cordon amquel+
1 bottle of PH up
1 bottle of aqueon water clarifier
1 emperor 280 filter
1 marineland filter that's huge and has double filtration
1 half bottle of top fin water dechlorinator
1 algae scraper
2 fish nets
1 half empty bottle of tetra min fish flakes
1 full bottle of nutrafin max
1 bottle of kent fresh/marine detox
8 pack of maracyn mar del dissolving powder
1 72 gallon canopy

All and all... 170$ well spent?

I want to buy that system, for that much!

Now I have to go find a sug...I mean benefactor to fund this tank. I'm sure it's made out of rare minerals and crystals! :tomuch:

:rofl2

I have not gotten a reply back yet. The ad is also still up and unchanged. :P

People go crazy with what they ask for their tanks! A 55 g with stand can go anywhere from $100-$400 in my local ads :/

We see insanity like this all the time. Sometimes, the person really did pay way too much for the tank in the first place and are actually trying to sell the tank for about what they paid for it. I've seen 'interventions' where people on the local online board have to break it to the poor soul that they were cheated.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

There must be a lot of Craigslist competition in my area. There were ton of good deals when I got my fish.

I got a 55g with a stand, lights, hoods, a filter, two air pumps, a heater, a thermometer, and a 10g thrown in for $100.

I ended up getting other filters, but overall I was quite pleased.

There are a lot of crazy people out there.

Maybe we should all start used fish tank businesses. We could sell our old tanks at a profit and upgrade whenever we want!

:lol
I had to look twice at the price. I get that this is an expensive hobby, but the price is insane!
I gave away my 20 gallon with a painted back for free

I sold two 55 gallon lights, one 20 gallon LED light, a 20 gallon tank stand and an 40 gal air pump for 80 bucks. I think some people don't realize how expensive the hobby actually is and try to get their money back in strange ways... :idont

I just bought a used 90 gallon with stand lights and two glass tops for $200.

So is this why my old 20 gallon with stand was snapped up so fast when I sold it for $100? :(

My 100g with two lights and nice stand was $200, and the guy followed me to my house (after I determined he wasn't creepy :rofl) to help me unload it.

So does this mean the 90 gallon i bought with stand for 30 i can sell now for 30,000?

Edited by GoldieLover

So does this mean the 90 gallon i bought with stand for 30 i can sell now for 30,000?

Sounds about right :lol