Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
choji002

Upgrade to 53 Gallon tank (Pic-Heavy)

Finally bought a new 53 gallons tank for my goldies, love all the happy faces. Sadly my black moor couldn't make it, she passed away 2 days ago due to SB :(. But I'm glad that the others are fine. Bad camera *sigh.

_The Video:

_The Photos:

WP_20140327_028_zps6a7f52f2.jpg

WP_20140327_026_zps914e6aa7.jpg

WP_20140327_025_zps6740fa09.jpg

WP_20140327_024_zps6149f906.jpg

WP_20140327_023_zpsdc2b8244.jpg

WP_20140327_022_zpsf663a004.jpg

WP_20140327_021_zpsa69fa9f1.jpg

WP_20140327_017_zpsd11d6838.jpg

WP_20140327_016_zps14fa9718.jpg

WP_20140327_015_zpsfaf86f0f.jpg

WP_20140327_014_zps0f098292.jpg

WP_20140327_012_zpsa3a43d8c.jpg

WP_20140327_009_zps17de5273.jpg

Pretty fish! Congratulations on the new tank, it looks like a very nice home for them.

Pretty fish! Congratulations on the new tank, it looks like a very nice home for them.

Thank you !!! Any recommendation for the decoration ? I love real plants but goldies keep destroying them :(

nice upgrade :) Beautiful tank :) Anubias are very hardy plants for a goldfish tank :)

Also try running your cords and wires, air hoses down the corners so they're not so visible ;)

and not to be mean...

BUT...

I would recommend re homing a few of yours as your overstocked presently :( unless your planning on another tank or pond in the future ;)

nice upgrade :) Beautiful tank :) Anubias are very hardy plants for a goldfish tank :)

Also try running your cords and wires, air hoses down the corners so they're not so visible ;)

and not to be mean...

BUT...

I would recommend re homing a few of yours as your overstocked presently :( unless your planning on another tank or pond in the future ;)

Thanks for your advice , also should I put driftwood inside the tank ?

Im not a fan of real driftwood in a tank because it can decay. But I know many people on here that do keep it successfully.

But remember the more you add to the tank the less water your fish have and since your highly stocked number wise id hesitate on adding a lot more stuff.

Love your ryukin and comet btw.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I would leave the tank like it is and consider rehoming some of the current fish to lower your stocking levels. Any addition of decoration will displace the water your fish need.

Thanks, also is it ok if I direct all the currents to the surface so ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Your tank and Goldfish look great!!!

I would have at least one current directed to the bottom so the poop moves toward the filters.

Wonderful tank and fishies! What kind of filters are those? Did you create that acrylic top? (I assume the lid/top is acrylic.)

Wonderful tank and fishies! What kind of filters are those? Did you create that acrylic top? (I assume the lid/top is acrylic.)

I have 2 top filters with filtration material inside the boxes on top of the tank and 2 sponge filters run by air pump inside the tank. I bought the tank set this morning I didn't make it :P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Beautiful fish!

Congrats on the upgrade. Looks like the goldies are enjoying the additional space. Sorry to hear about your Moor.

I'm sorry your Black Moor had passed away a couple of days ago. :(

Congrats on the upgrade. Your tank is beautiful and I love the photo's where your looking down into the tank.

Very pretty tank! :)

Loooove your R&W ryukin. :wub:

Congrats on the new tank! :D

Congrats, everyone looks very happy. Sorry to hear about your ranchu's passing. :(

Beautiful!! :)

took 1 one hour to get this one

Chubby_zps715578c9.jpg

How do you guys take picture of goldies, they move fast :(

Nice job! I would add more plants. You may have to try different kinds to see if they will leave any of them alone.

What kind of camera do you have? Cameras where you can control the shutter speed are tremendously useful, although you can still take good pics with point and shoot cams. :)

What kind of camera do you have? Cameras where you can control the shutter speed are tremendously useful, although you can still take good pics with point and shoot cams. :)

I'm using my nokia lumia, well I will try to work with the setting. I will try different plants to see if it's ok. Bad goldies,they rip off everything on their way rofl.

Congratulation! Gorgeous Goldfish!

I would like to ask you, do you have any problems with the plants on the surface, do Goldfish eat their roots?