Sign in to follow this  
andry6

How much should I feed my fish based on their weight?

11 posts in this topic

I just purchased a scale so I could finally weigh my fish. :clapping: Yay!

I sure wish I had one last May when I purchased them to see how much they've grown! When I got them we estimated that they were about 3 months old based on size. I know they've probably tripled in size over the past 10 months.

My question is: how much should I be feeding them (Hikari purple pellets) based on their weight?

My oranda is 50 grams and my fantail is 53 grams

edited to add: they are both 3" (not including tail)

Edited by andry6

I just purchased a scale so I could finally weigh my fish. :clapping: Yay!

I sure wish I had one last May when I purchased them to see how much they've grown! When I got them we estimated that they were about 3 months old based on size. I know they've probably tripled in size over the past 10 months.

My question is: how much should I be feeding them (Hikari purple pellets) based on their weight?

My oranda is 50 grams and my fantail is 53 grams

edited to add: they are both 3" (not including tail)

At that amount of weight, they should be getting about 0.5g - 1g of food total daily for the both of them. I would start at 0.75grams divided into multiple meals. Then, based on their growth rate, you can adjust accordingly. :)

Ok thanks! :)

Does their weight, given their size, seem ok? Since I didn't know their weight and wasn't weighing their food I just want to know if they are at a good weight.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks! :)

Does their weight, given their size, seem ok? Since I didn't know their weight and wasn't weighing their food I just want to know if they are at a good weight.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

If you would upload a video of them, we would be able to tell better. Seems to be quite alright to me, though. :)

I think that's about the size of my Waddles. :teehee

Here you go! Sorry it's so long. I took this the other day when I was monitoring their behavior for another topic (but never posted).

http://youtu.be/A6nFMOITnjs

They look quite good! :)

oops! I did post that one already. This is the one that I meant to post. Based on this video, I was going to ask if anyone thought the oranda was a boy (the white one) and the calico fantail was a girl! :teehee

http://youtu.be/-vV3pvPnBvs

I think that's about the size of my Waddles. :teehee

How old is Waddles and what kind of goldie is he/she?

I'm not sure how old he is. Another member got him for me last July. He is a ranchu. I would guess he's probably between 1-2 years old. But I'm totally guessing. :rofl3

Based on this video, I was going to ask if anyone thought the oranda was a boy (the white one) and the calico fantail was a girl! :teehee

I agree with you: the oranda is most likely a male and the fantail is probably a female. I hope you don't have to change their names....I have a boy fish named Gwen. :doh11: They are pretty fish. They look healthy to me, not underweight at all.