Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
4prettyfish

I have an idea for the Forum

36 posts in this topic

Hello Koko. :) Hello Everyone.

I had an idea last night that I wanted to share with you.

I've been sick for close to two weeks now and haven't been on Koko's much. Yesterday I was finally on and catching up and responding on the new members and obituary section. I wanted to give my Welcome's out to new members and to give my condolences out for the loss of those who lost a pet fish. These two area's of the forum were important to me.

Last night I was thinking how nice it would have been for me to go to a section on the site for "New Fish Arrival". I could have found out quickly who all purchased a new fish and commented on that. Under the "New Fish Arrival" could be two choices to choose from either; Photo or Video. I think there should be a time line to post your new fish in this section. I was thinking of about 6 weeks. This way members can show us their new fish in qt or out of qt. Or, we can even show our new fish in qt and then again out of qt and into the new tank. Most fish are out of qt in 6 weeks. Unless you think 8 weeks would be a better time line to get your new fish posted in the "New Fish Arrival". Anyway, this is what I was thinking and wanted to share it with you to see if this would be of interest.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Very nice idea!

I think that is a nice idea, Cheryl. Perhaps it could be a sub-section under Photos of Fish?

Thanks guys. I like the idea when I thought of it. ha ha

:thumb: way to use your thinking cap Cheryl! :)

I like your idea! :nana

Good idea.

I like this idea! :)

Thanks Aubrey, Dawn, and Mikey. I'm glad people are liking the idea. I think it would be a fun, and fast/easy way to look up members new fish. :)

I think this would be great, Cheryl. It would also help out for those who may forget how long exactly they've had a fish. If they refer back to that post, they could count the exact amount of time.

That sounds amazing :)

Thank you. :)

I think this would be great, Cheryl. It would also help out for those who may forget how long exactly they've had a fish. If they refer back to that post, they could count the exact amount of time.

That's a smart idea Chelsea. I like your thinking :).......even though I'm a nerd (I guess) because I have a notebook specifically for fish and write all that kind of info down. along with extended treatments if I think I need to jot it down. :)

Chelsea, I had posted for Clementine. I was very sad to have read that in the obituary section.

Edited by 4prettyfish

I think that's a great idea Cheryl :)

I have no objection to a New Fish section, where it's the first time a fishkeeper introduces a fish to the forum. It need not have burdensome time frame of any kind. If it's new to you. It's new to us. :)

The only thing I wonder doing this is creating another sub section to an already photo and video section of the forum.... so you will have two more steps to go into....

So why dont people put in the tags,,, new fish. This would be searchable too.... :idont

The only thing I wonder doing this is creating another sub section to an already photo and video section of the forum.... so you will have two more steps to go into....

So why dont people put in the tags,,, new fish. This would be searchable too.... :idont

how about we put it in the QT section? that way both can be together?

now that makes more since :goodjob

I think that's a great idea Cheryl :)

Thanks Alicia.

I have no objection to a New Fish section, where it's the first time a fishkeeper introduces a fish to the forum. It need not have burdensome time frame of any kind. If it's new to you. It's new to us. :)

I don't think it would be burdensome to members to post in a "time period". We are usually pretty quick on showing off our new fish. It's just a thought on the idea and like what Chelsea had even mentioned it would be a nice way to refer back on for info. Members can even post the weight and size of their fish.

Thanks for seeing and responding to this Koko. :) I appreciate it. I love Helen's idea below.

Great thinking Helen. I love that idea a lot. :) (Why didn't I think of it?)

Like this idea! I love looking at people's new fish :)

great idea :)

I like it! :D Nice idea Cheryl!

Like this idea! I love looking at people's new fish :)

Thank you. I also love seeing others new fish. :)

great idea :)

Thanks Shelly

I like it! :D Nice idea Cheryl!

Thank you Mel

Koko, So what do you say? A lot of people are liking the idea. :) If you don't care for the name New Fish Arrival you can even call it Introduction to our new fish. Just some idea's here.

I see you updated Justine's photo. She's growing fast. Very cute.

Thanks yeah she is... :yikes:help:

As Justine gets older she only gets more fun also. I've always had so much fun playing with Taylor at that age and as a toddler and up. hahah I read to Taylor like Crazy also. She loved her books and soaked it all in with all the pretty pictures. :)

You wait. The time is going to fly by. Taylor started her first New Job ever. She's 16 and 3 months with no license yet. haha I sometimes say to myself, Where's my baby girl? :(

As Justine gets older she only gets more fun also. I've always had so much fun playing with Taylor at that age and as a toddler and up. hahah I read to Taylor like Crazy also. She loved her books and soaked it all in with all the pretty pictures. :)

You wait. The time is going to fly by. Taylor started her first New Job ever. She's 16 and 3 months with no license yet. haha I sometimes say to myself, Where's my baby girl? :(

she will pull her books out and act like she is reading them.... :lol3