Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lis.

I have eggs!

These posts are so much fun to read! It is great to experience fish babies second hand, they look like soooooo much work!

Wishing you all the best :)

Not sure how well you'll be able to see the fry, but there's lots of shiny little eyes to make it easier haha

image_zps505290f2.jpg

Good luck with the egg's!!!!

I see them!! :nana

Are they swimming much or still hanging around? :idont

I see them!! :nana

Are they swimming much or still hanging around? :idont

Usually when I look in the tank, they're all on the glass. Today, whenever I've looked in the tank, they've been swimming and wriggling around :) I've been feeding them 3 times a day, though whether they're actually eating is another matter :idont

Spoke too soon again, just seen some of my older fry (presuming they're the older ones, they're hovering around the tank, rather than sitting on the side of the tank) just eat some bbs :nana I'm so proud :rofl

Check out the full belly on the right :wub:

image_zps7dbb860f.jpg

Edited by Lis.

:rofl I was coompletly thrilled when I first saw food in Waldo's belly. :teehee

So, my estimation of 40 fry was somewhat off...I've done a 100% water change (the bottom of the tank was disgusting) and counted the fry as I scooped them out - there's 316 :rofl because of the java moss, I didn't have a clue how many there were haha.

They're now back in the tank, without the java moss, so I can see all of them all the time :)

image_zps26ddeebb.jpg

:rofl

I expect you to get something big enough to raise all 316 of them, OK?! :rofl

Do you have prazi or wormer Plus? I think it will be really important to treat them no later than at the 2 weeks mark.

You're gonna need more BBS eggs. :rofl3

:rofl

I expect you to get something big enough to raise all 316 of them, OK?! :rofl

Do you have prazi or wormer Plus? I think it will be really important to treat them no later than at the 2 weeks mark.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with them all :rofl seriously though, I am actually going to have to buy ponds :rofl the enabler (mum) has actually already suggested that I set up ponds in the barns...now it looks like we'll have to :rofl

I have kusuri wormer plus, I also have fluke solve - which one would be better?

The older fry are 6 days old, and the younger ones are 4 days old. Is it too early for me to treat them, or can I treat them now?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I would use Wormer Plus over the Fluke Solve. It's supposed to be gentler.

1.5 weeks is the earliest, I think, but you might want to check with the experts. :)

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I would use Wormer Plus over the Fluke Solve. It's supposed to be gentler.

1.5 weeks is the earliest, I think, but you might want to check with the experts. :)

Oh I didn't realise that...is fluke solve still okay to use with my adult fish though? I treated some of them with it yesterday :unsure: they seem fine, I'd seen a bit of yawning, so I thought it'd be best to treat

Okay, thank you Alex :)

It's totally fine. :)

I just normally like to suggest Wormer Plus to UK members, simply because it's readily available, and works well. :)

Is fluke solve Prazi only? I treated Waldo at one week with Prazi. . . .

Is fluke solve Prazi only? I treated Waldo at one week with Prazi. . . .

"1) WORMER PLUS, a Flubendazole based product: Flubendazole 50mg/g is the base product of Wormer Plus, with naturally sourced calcium carbonate 0.01% added as a mixture. It does take longer to dissolve, but with tropical water temperatures, & plenty of aquarium aeration it does dissolve in a short time to be benifitual on a regular basis. The active ingredient Flubendazole is not so agressive as other wormers, and works by gently starving the parasite. Making wormer plus a good choice to use once a month to keep pest at bay if you don’t have a major problem. Wormer plus has been around for ten years, although it did change in 2007 when the new VMD laws came in and is now made by Kusuri.

2) FLUKE-SOLVE, This product contains 50% praziquantel as the active ingredient. It has been recommended as a rapid treatment for serious parasite problems. It works in a different way to flubendazole by paralysing the parasites which then die. Using this product once a year to keep your fish free of flukes and tapeworms, or when new fish are introduced into your system. Fluke-Solve is new, and was first marketed at the end of 2010."

This is what it says on the site I buy them from

http://wormerplus.co.uk

Whoa that's a lotta fry :rofl

316! Goodness! Glad to see enabler Mum is on board. Do you think she'll be OK with you rehoming a few once they're fully grown, or will you have to keep them all ;)

Keep the updates coming! I'm definitely curious as to your progress :)

316! Goodness! Glad to see enabler Mum is on board. Do you think she'll be OK with you rehoming a few once they're fully grown, or will you have to keep them all ;)

Looking at them now, I struggle to believe there are that many, but I counted them, so I know it's right. And there was me thinking I had around 40 :rofl

She's told me I have to keep the nicest ones, and sell the rest. I've told her that I only want to keep a couple (I don't want to overwhelm myself), and I'm going to offer some to UK Koko's members :) then the rest, I'll sell :) that's if they make it that far (fingers crossed they do!). I'm being as careful as I can with them :)

Looking at them now, I struggle to believe there are that many, but I counted them, so I know it's right. And there was me thinking I had around 40 :rofl

She's told me I have to keep the nicest ones, and sell the rest. I've told her that I only want to keep a couple (I don't want to overwhelm myself), and I'm going to offer some to UK Koko's members :) then the rest, I'll sell :) that's if they make it that far (fingers crossed they do!). I'm being as careful as I can with them :)

That sounds like an excellent action plan :) Now it's just a matter of getting the little guys that far.

Holy moly that's a lot of fry. :thud:rofl

Can anybody tell me what the earliest is that I can treat my fry for flukes? :idont some are 7 days old, and most are 5 days old

I want to get them treated as soon as I can

I treated Waldo at 1 week. It seems like someone (Allison maybe) said they treated from day 1 . . .