Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lis.

I have eggs!

:rofl3 You are too cute!! :rofl3

You want another medal, don't you? :tomuch:

Do I get a medal per fry? ;):rofl

They're so tiny!! I like taking pictures too much don't I :rofl

I treated my main tank for flukes yesterday (I didn't think I'd get any of the fry from the tank), will they be okay?

They should be fine. :thumb:

A medal per fry. :rofl I'll let you ask Koko about that. :rofl3

Congrats! :clapping: Now the fun begins!! My fry (maybe b/c they were at a lower temp) weren't ready to eat for about 4 days. It took them a long time to start swimming horizontally, and until they are doing that they probably won't eat. :D

They should be fine. :thumb:

A medal per fry. :rofl I'll let you ask Koko about that. :rofl3

Oh that's good then, one less thing to worry about haha.

I was joking about the medal per fry :rofl

Congrats! :clapping: Now the fun begins!! My fry (maybe b/c they were at a lower temp) weren't ready to eat for about 4 days. It took them a long time to start swimming horizontally, and until they are doing that they probably won't eat. :D

Thank you! :D that's interesting to know. When they swim horizontally, do they still attach themselves to the glass? Or do they swim around the tank like adult fish?

They swim horizontally in herky jerky motions. :rofl They are quite zippy. :nana

And I knew you were joking. :teehee

Here's my Spike #1 (sorry so blurry).

sabuhyda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooray! Good luck! :heart Raising fry is one of the most amazing parts of fishkeeping!

Hooray! Good luck! :heart Raising fry is one of the most amazing parts of fishkeeping!

Thanks Tammy :D

The bbs arrived today :) but I visited my lfs and bought some liquifry just incase I mess up and they don't hatch. Bought a tiny heater for the bbs hatchery too, so hopefully it should work out :)

I was feeling a bit cheeky and asked if they had any weekend jobs available, he told me that if I hand in my CV there's a good chance I could have a weekend job since I have experience with both fish and customer service, so fingers crossed :D :D

:doh11::lol:

:doh11::lol:

What? You don't want to give her 25+ breeding medals? :rofl

I've set up the bbs hatchery tonight, waiting for it to come up to temperature and then I'll put the eggs and the salt in.

I still haven't put an air stone in with the babies - is this okay?

The eggs that I'd taken out of the main tank STILL haven't hatched. They haven't gone fuzzy or white, I can still see eyes, but it's been 10 days, does anyone have any idea what may be going on?

I did have 13 babies. I put them in the tank with the eggs and java moss, so I rarely see any. I've seen 2 of them today.

I'm feeling pretty concerned about the eggs, I don't understand why they haven't hatched, especially since there's now a heater in there :idont

Seems I spoke too soon, they're all hatching right NOW :nana

:rofl Oh Grandma! You're gonna need a pond. :rofl3

Don't say that :rofl my mum has already suggested I set up indoor ponds in the barns so that we can keep them :rofl

Don't say that :rofl my mum has already suggested I set up indoor ponds in the barns so that we can keep them :rofl

:rockon She's so happy that you've made her a great grandma! :teehee

So what size pond are you gonna have? :rofl

:rockon She's so happy that you've made her a great grandma! :teehee

So what size pond are you gonna have? :rofl

I'm so glad she doesn't come on this forum, because I don't think there'd be any stopping her with all of the enabling that goes on :P:rofl

No pond for me :P I have enough maintainance to deal with as it is, I don't think I could hack a pond as well :rofl

It's so funny to hear that your Mom is an enabler! :rofl For most, it's just the opposite! :) Tell your Mom she could come here and encourage me to build a pond!!!

Glad you've had more fry hatch!! :nana I don't think you need the air stone yet. It helps once you start feeding to break up the food/gunk that floats on the top of the water, but for the first week or so I really don't think it's necessary.

Can anyone tell me how I separate the bbs from the eggs? :idont

I seem to recall my year 9 biology teacher doing this. He used hypochlorite to decapsulate them, although I wonder if there's another way? :idont

I seem to recall my year 9 biology teacher doing this. He used hypochlorite to decapsulate them, although I wonder if there's another way? :idont

My bbs have hatched, but when I scoop them up there's lots of egg casings. Will this affect the fry at all? Or should I just pour it all in?

They are attracted to light. If you shine a bright light towards the bottom of the hatchery and wait about 10 minutes, they will swimm down to the bottom. You can then use a straw to get them out. Stick the straw down where they all are, cover the end of the straw with your finger and lift the straw out. :)

My bbs have hatched, but when I scoop them up there's lots of egg casings.

Oh, my bad, I misunderstood what you meant.

Glad the BBS hatched!!! :greenbanana: How many fry do you have??

I used a turkey baster to suck up the BBS, and now I use it to pipette gel food and crushed pellets to the bottom of the tank…makes it less messy.

I can't wait to see more pics! :D

Glad the BBS hatched!!! :greenbanana: How many fry do you have??

I used a turkey baster to suck up the BBS, and now I use it to pipette gel food and crushed pellets to the bottom of the tank…makes it less messy.

I can't wait to see more pics! :D

Thanks Erin, so am I! :D well it's hard to count because of the java moss, but there's at least 40 :)

I might have to invest in a pipette, the straw method still seems to pick up some egg casings :/

You will always get some…fry tanks are messy! :rofl