Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lis.

I have eggs!

They were three weeks on Saturday, it doesn't take long!

=]

I didn't see this thread until a while ago. You have been very busy. I had fun skimming and reading through your thread. Your photos are amazing. Your adult fish are gorgeous (as always) and I hope you have as many babies as you want. :) They are going to be gorgeous. Congratulations!

I didn't see this thread until a while ago. You have been very busy. I had fun skimming and reading through your thread. Your photos are amazing. Your adult fish are gorgeous (as always) and I hope you have as many babies as you want. :) They are going to be gorgeous. Congratulations!

Thank you Cheryl! You're comments are always so lovely :D

I have been busy, but it seems my fish have been busier ;):rofl

I can't wait to see what the fish look like from this spawn, mum is definitely a ranchu, but I have no idea who dad is (secretly hoping it's fathead or my orange ranchu). Giving them away will be so hard though! I'll keep one or two, offer the rest to Koko's members, and then try and find suitable homes for whoever is left - that's if I manage to get that far :rofl

I'm always amazed by everyone that raises fry on here. It does seem like a lot of work. I don't think I'd be cut out to do it all. Too much work for me. hahahahaha Even though I think it would be super neat to have a little fry. Ohh:)

It sounds like your doing an awesome job Alicia. When it times to rehome them you'll be okay because you'll make sure they go to good homes. Can't wait to see babies. :)

Whenever I read through this thread and see new photos, I have the unmistakable urge to say squee, no matter how embarrassing it is. :):rofl

Whenever I read through this thread and see new photos, I have the unmistakable urge to say squee, no matter how embarrassing it is. :):rofl

Release the SQUEE! :rofl

Edited by Lis.

I'm not at work today because my brother is ill, and I woke up with a blinding headache so I figured I'd save my mum taking a day off and I'd stay off...well I'm so glad I did!

I was just feeding the goldies in the main tank, and noticed an egg I'd been watching was empty. I felt disappointed, I'd been hoping I'd see it hatching so that I could save it. Anyway, one of the goldfish swam up to the glass and must've spooked it, and this tiny baby fry swam out from one of the plants!

It's now in the tank with the other eggs. I did a small water change on the tank before I put the fry in, and I've put a heater in. It's so tiny!

It's disappeared into the java moss now, but here it is, my first fry :D

image_zpse3a12428.jpg

Squeeeeee !
he's sooooo cute and little and ahhhhhhhh !!!
so excited for you Lis :D:heart

can't wait to see updates as he and his siblings grow :happydance

More babies! I've now caught 5 from the main tank :D

image_zps8e683c80.jpg

Squeeeeee !

he's sooooo cute and little and ahhhhhhhh !!!

so excited for you Lis :D:heart

can't wait to see updates as he and his siblings grow :happydance

They are SO SMALL :rofl

Thanks Elisa, I'm stupidly excited :D

I now have 6 babies :D I found a seventh, was so sure I'd caught it, but apparently not :(

Congrats Grandma!! :nana

Congrats Grandma!! :nana

Thanks Lisa :D right now I am the proud grandma of 12 little baby goldfish :)

I've popped a heater in the tank as you suggested, so hopefully soon there will be lots of baby goldfish in there :)

Now I'm panicking because my bbs haven't turned up yet! I have a day or 2 yet though, so fingers crossed they get here. Are they something that you can usually find at lfs?

This thread is sooo exciting!!! :nana :nana :nana

Everyone at home is now bored of my excitement, even the enabler has lost interest :rofl I'm now on 13 babies :) I daren't step away from the tank incase one pops up haha

I found mine at a lfs. Not a chain, although you aren't in the US anyway. While you're waiting for more to hatch you might as well make a few phone calls and see if they have BBS eggs. They are also called artemis, right? So maybe ask for either of those? :idont

This is soooooooooooooooo exciting! (And I let Koko know so you should be getting your breeder's medal in the next day or so :D )

I found mine at a lfs. Not a chain, although you aren't in the US anyway. While you're waiting for more to hatch you might as well make a few phone calls and see if they have BBS eggs. They are also called artemis, right? So maybe ask for either of those? :idont

This is soooooooooooooooo exciting! (And I let Koko know so you should be getting your breeder's medal in the next day or so :D )

I only know of one lfs in my area (haven't lived here long), but I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see if they have any :) fingers crossed they do, and I'll go and pick them up after work :) in the unfortunate event that they don't turn up on time...what do I do? :idont

I have my medal! Thank you Lisa and Koko :D

This is so exciting! Congrats!

Take a look at this and see if any of the foods mentioned in here are available to you. :D

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8258-all-kinds-of-fry-food/

Thanks for the link Lisa!

I'll ring my lfs tomorrow, and if they don't have any bbs I'll ask if they have other things on that list. If not, egg yolk it is! Haha

It's so exciting, Alicia! I can't wait to see what they look like when they're older! :D

It's so exciting, Alicia! I can't wait to see what they look like when they're older! :D

And me :D I'm hoping that fathead is the daddy! He and teddy would make gorgeous babies :heart

I just cannot get enough of these fry!

I'm sorry about how poor the photo quality is, the camera didn't want to play.

image_zps7f6c052a.jpg

And here's one of the many eggs in that tank that looks like it's almost ready :D

image_zps7e681111.jpg

:rofl3 You are too cute!! :rofl3

You want another medal, don't you? :tomuch: