Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lis.

I have eggs!

So, I've collected a few of them, will post pictures later. What do I need to do?

I have them in a small tank with an air stone. I won't be able to reply to any posts for a couple of hours, but any advice would be much appreciated :)

Gratz! I have nothing to add other than that :D

Congratulations!!!!!

No air stone for now. Just wait and watch for eyes. :teehee

!!!!!
how exciting :D
you're a grandma !! :rofl
can't wait to see pics ;)

Yay!!! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! :D

No air stone for now. Just wait and watch for eyes. :teehee

Thank you Lisa, I've now turned the air stone off :) how long should it take for me to be able to see eyes? There are still quite a few eggs in the main tank that I'm not sure whether to take out or not. I'll do a big water change tomorrow :)

Time to go reading through threads about eggs and fry now haha

Congrats who are the parents??

I'm pretty sure momma bear is Teddy;

image_zps3cb5683f.jpg

And daddy could be any of 4 (when I saw the eggs I grabbed two of my other fish and put them in to see if they could work their magic haha)

image_zps612119d8.jpg

image_zpsa1309b3b.jpg

image_zps790d25be.jpg

image_zps54aaebb9.jpg

Not sure how long til you see eyes cuz when I found mine Waldo already had eyes. :rofl

I would guess 2-3 days. He hatched 2 days after I found his egg with eyes. :)

How many eggs do you think you took out? :idont

Not sure how long til you see eyes cuz when I found mine Waldo already had eyes. :rofl

I would guess 2-3 days. He hatched 2 days after I found his egg with eyes. :)

How many eggs do you think you took out? :idont

I'm amazed you found him at all, I didn't realise quite how small the eggs would be :rofl

I have absolutely no idea, I just pulled out the bogwood with the java moss that had quite a few on it. I wasn't going to take them out at all, but my mum (here forth known as the enabler) told me she wanted baby goldfish :rofl there's at least 3 on the glass in the main tank, and quite a few on some of the rocks and anubias that have escaped being eaten

What's the water temp? Low to mid 70s is good. Cooler water will take longer to develop/hatch. Not necessarily a bad thing. Unless you're as impatient as I am. :tomuch:

How exciting, Alicia! :D

What's the water temp? Low to mid 70s is good. Cooler water will take longer to develop/hatch. Not necessarily a bad thing. Unless you're as impatient as I am. :tomuch:

I'm not sure what the temperature is, it'll be on the cooler side though. I'm usually pretty impatient, but I think I'll just leave the temperature be, and see what happens :D thank you for your help Lisa! :D

How exciting, Alicia! :D

Thanks Dan :D

Great news Lis! ..…..another new tank needed now!!:-) :-)

Can anyone tell me roughly how long it will be before I know whether the eggs are fertile? I found them at around 4:30pm, it's now 10pm, and the waters quite cool

Great news Lis! ..…..another new tank needed now!!:-) :-)

Thanks Steve :D I know! And I took another look at the java moss earlier...there are so many! :rofl

If they turn fuzzy, they are not fertile. If you see little black dots they are fertile. It will probably be a day or 2 before you know.

I didn't have a heater in with Waldo until he was a few days old. The water temp was mid 60s. That seemed cold so I added a little betta tank heater (8W I think) which brought the couple gallons he was in up to about 73*.

If they turn fuzzy, they are not fertile. If you see little black dots they are fertile. It will probably be a day or 2 before you know.

I didn't have a heater in with Waldo until he was a few days old. The water temp was mid 60s. That seemed cold so I added a little betta tank heater (8W I think) which brought the couple gallons he was in up to about 73*.

Thanks Lisa, you're so helpful! :D I don't have a little heater to hand, but I may go and get one tomorrow :)

I have a fry. But idk much about starting from eggs lol.

Good luck :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks Dan :) unfortunately it appears that none of the eggs are fertile. I'll give the few that haven't gone white yet another day, and then I'll get rid of them.

Lisa, thanks again for your help, it is very much appreciated :D

That really sucks! Fingers crossed they are fertilised. :)

That really sucks! Fingers crossed they are fertilised. :)

I know, I'm not holding much hope for them, but you never know :) I didn't even think my fish were old enough to breed (though I'm not sure how old they need to be), so it was all a bit unexpected anyway :)