Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
xjasminex

New life spectrum Small fry starter formula...any good?

4 posts in this topic

So my eggs hatched today and i am looking into feeding them real fry food not just crushed adult food and found new life spectrum small fry starter formula on amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/New-Life-International-Spectrum-Starter/dp/B0038JTNFS/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2UDNPGKURPVSY

I was wondering if this sounds like a good fry food for goldies...?

Not for newly hatched fry. They should be getting live food. Breeders typically use baby brine shrimp. Breeders often say the most dangerous time for the fry is when they start on dry food.

The product description is bizarre, and has to be a description of some other product.

Exoskeleton? Yes I would say the description is definitely wrong. :teehee

BBS hatcheries are not difficult to make yourself. The only problem I'm having is my fry like the chase of the BBS so much he isn't terribly interested in other foods. :rofl3

The best alternative I can say other than constructing your own baby brine shrimp factory is to buy frozen baby brine shrimp. I typically find it at petsmart. Has all the nutrition of live baby brine shrimp, but in frozen cubes. Plus its from hikari. Ive had pretty good success with it.