Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Abyss

New lionhead with colour change?

I'm on my last week of qt for my 2 new fish that I got at the end of January, I was going to place them in the main tank tomorrow but have noticed something sort if unusual with my lionhead.

When I bought him and took him home put him in the qt tank I noticed he had some black on his rear fins I hadn't seen when in the pet shop.

I figured it was just colouration and that it had black on its fins, I've seen many lionhead and ranchus with black fins.

I've been maintaining the qt with daily WC, testing the water, 4 prazi rounds, salt and they are thriving and looking quite healthy and active the only issue is the black on him.

Over the last few weeks there is alot more black colouring almost his whole caudal and anal fins are turning black and he's getting some small black dots on his head but its very faint.

He was about a quarter sized when I bought him and has been really growing alot he's almost 2x his original size, I know for a fact he was super young when I bought him, I'm guessing around 1 or 2 months old.

There are no signs of fin rot and I really doubt that it is ammonia burns because I keep the qt water perfect.

I'm thinking its colour change or maybe he's healing from being in the pet store? He really doesn't appear ill, just turning black. I've read up on healing and I've seen it in some of my other fish, just never seen colour change before because I've only had young moors.

Here are some pics, sorry for the low quality and its super hard to take a pic of him he's too fast lol.

The first 3 pics are of him the last week of January and the next 4 are of today, you can really notice his growth in the pictures!

Can't wait to hear what your opinions are, thanks :)y8a9unun.jpgda3ese2a.jpg9a9etyqy.jpgge4ysasu.jpg5avegavy.jpguzyqyqy2.jpge6u4e9a6.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Edited by Abyss

He is adorable.

He's a sweet little fellow and is doing very well in your care! He's a chubby little munchkin now . Great job!

Look likes he's turning orange and has gained some weight to me. He's a cutie.

He's so cute! Looks like he's been eating good :D

Edited by SebastianCharlesHobbs

Wow, he is filling out quite nicely and turning colors! Very handsome!

Edited by LisaCGold

Doesn't seem problematic to me.

He's a cutie!

What a cutiepie!

Great to hear guys tomorrow after I do a 50-60% WC on the main tank ill introduce them to it very excited :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk