Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Moucho+Moncho

Please help

I have found eggs of some sort on the bottom of my tank and I need some help caring for them

I don't know what type of eggs they are but they are tiny and if you look closely you can see some green thing in them. I have a horned merited snail in there too.

What should I keep them in if they are in the tank my goldfish will eat them. I don't have a filter but I do have an airpump. Also I have a 10 gallon that's empty right now they are in an container.

Please help!!

If you can get a picture, that would be great.

That being said, if they are indeed nerite eggs (which I am skeptical about since you mentioned the "green") they will not hatch in fresh water.

Do you have confirmed sexes of your goldfish? I can't see anything else that would lay eggs except the fish and the snail.

Good luck, and let us know if anything interesting happens! :D

Yes I don't believe that they are nerite eggs I think they are goldfish eggs. No pics sorry but my camera isn't working. Any care ideas would be great!! ;)

Were they sticking to anything when you found them? That's usually a good indicator of fertilized eggs.

The "green" you are talking about could very well be itty bitty goldfish embryos inside.

The only thing we can do now is wait and see if they hatch. ;)

Nerite eggs are usually white. My Waldo egg :teehee was a yellowish color and I could see his two beady little eyes. :rofl

Do a google search for GF eggs. Or else I'm sure there are pics here. Look at the Diary of Raising Fry thread here in the breeding section. :)

Ok thanks guys. After looking at the pics I confirmed that they are goldfish eggs. Should I keep them in a container or move them somewhere where the water is moving?

Georgia, they were sticking to the bottom of my tank.

No water movement is needed for eggs or very young fry. :)

I agree with no water movement. If any scum starts to develop on top of the water, use a cup to skim it out.

Awe:) Congratulations on the eggs.

Sadly, the eggs weren't fertile :(

Sorry. Do you know for sure one is male and one female? If so and she's laid eggs once, it will most likely happen again. :D

I don't believe I have a male. They both look like females. :(